Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Frighteners Entertainment said:
Motion lighting, fake cameras ( with signs stating "you are being recorded" )
should work for you.

Jeff
yah i use th fake camera method 2 :D as long as you really advertise liek that it works for me but my neighbourhoods pretty well safe. Plus im friends with most of the kids that would vandalize :D lol. Also it not really a great idea to leave to much out side after 9 or 10 anyway. I usually take everything that i actually like inside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
colinsuds said:
yah i use th fake camera method 2 :D as long as you really advertise liek that it works for me but my neighbourhoods pretty well safe. Plus im friends with most of the kids that would vandalize :D lol. Also it not really a great idea to leave to much out side after 9 or 10 anyway. I usually take everything that i actually like inside.
:eek: No chance I am bringing my crap in every night.
 
Joined
·
14,351 Posts
gamerfreak said:
:eek: No chance I am bringing my crap in every night.
I agree.
I usually start setting up the first week in Sept. and it will take me until the end of Nov. to have it packed away.

Lighting is the most important and a few motion cameras for extra...
Here are the cameras I'm speaking of...
http://www.thefrighteners.com/camera.gif

Jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,756 Posts
Being I was actually stolen from last year--in broad daylight, no less--I think I'd be more into having a real camera. Work some motion lights in with that, and I think I'd be pretty well protected.
 
Joined
·
14,351 Posts
Zombie-F said:
Being I was actually stolen from last year--in broad daylight, no less--I think I'd be more into having a real camera. Work some motion lights in with that, and I think I'd be pretty well protected.
That sucks!
FYI, I install security cameras too. Go figure!!

So, what kind of camera are you looking at you like :)

Jeff
 

·
In Remembrance
Joined
·
7,591 Posts
The fish line idea is not a good one. Setting traps, even on your own property, can backfire on you in a legal way. Go with FE's plan and if you are on good terms with the local police, ask them to drive by during the night if they can. It never hurts to have friends in high places.
 
Joined
·
14,351 Posts
Zombie-F said:
Well, I'd like to get one that has night-vision capabilities with some IR LEDs. Not sure how much a GOOD one would run me though.
I've been working on that for a couple of weeks.
I need a guinea pig, since I haven't used this particular one yet.

Jeff
 
Joined
·
14,351 Posts
wolfen manor said:
I'm planning on having cameras and additional spot lights in place before Halloween. My Halloween display was not touched, but my Christmas display was vandalized and some older blow molds were stolen.
Wolfen, are you looking for the real thing or fake cameras?

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Bone Dancer said:
The fish line idea is not a good one. Setting traps, even on your own property, can backfire on you in a legal way. Go with FE's plan and if you are on good terms with the local police, ask them to drive by during the night if they can. It never hurts to have friends in high places.
lol that police thing never really occurred to me and i know lots! Muahahaha That tip sounds like a no brainer but it never ocurred to me:googly:
 
Joined
·
14,351 Posts
wolfen manor said:
Jeff
I'm looking into real camera's hooked up to a recorder. Would have to be able to work well in low light conditions.
What type of recorder are thinking about, a VCR or DVR? And how many cameras are you thinking of?

Jeff
 
Joined
·
14,351 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,663 Posts
The most important thing here is to listen to Bone Dancer. Under NO circumstances is it legal to set booby traps. Aside from that I agree with plenty of lighting, security cameras, limit access with fencing, and secure everything you can by wiring it down. The bottom line, is don't put out on display anything that you don't want to lose.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top