Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good ways to get people scared before they go down the trail that I am having this year? The setting isnt completly scary but some parts will be inclosed and another part is a corn stalk walk, the rest is walk by props/actors in the yard.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I agreed. Music can set the mood. Especially dark soundscapes with really deep bass. Rustyknife does some nice soundtrack CDs. I purchased Demenetia last year. It's got 11 tracks of what he calls "music and ambient sound designed to heighten anticipation and dread". I think he selling a downloadable version for $9 now.

http://www.rustyknife.net/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take a note from the Disney and The Blare Witch play book. use still props in your cattle call old news papers with headlines about missing persons from last years haunt and that sort of thing. Make the people in line start to question if they want to go in. A shure fire way to do that is to play some screams from the haunt as if they were screams of people inside. Your line is the first layer in your haunt make it stunning.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will deffinitally put in some spooky music and those missing signs are a great idea! Anyone know of some free downloadable scary music?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think it's good to block the line from seeing anything else. Put up bales of hay in a big stack along the line or put up some cornstalks. Actually the easiest would be to put up some of that black material stuff, like garbage bag material. That's sort of what we do at our haunt.

Also have a guy on a ladder behind a big podium saying "WELCOME TO [HAUNT NAME HERE]! NEXT VICITMS, PLEASE!" or something like that. It makes it fun, but disturbing at the same time. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try doing something creepy that has relevance to where you live... then their imaginations run wild and they see things that aren't even there because they are already halfway there to believing it. I live 25 miles away from town in a very rural area near a wildlife refuge and you wouldn't believe the reactions you can get from simple animal sounds and rustling bushes ;) Find something that fits in with where you live and run with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
K first of all you cant play fake screams, thats just weak.

Good "Halloween music" can be found in odd places. I've found that the soundtracks to Movies are really intense and theatrical sounding. Theres an huge source of dark music that can be played to evoke feelings inside your haunt, wether you find it at the beginning of an old cd, or during a movie.

I bought the soundtrack to "A Clockwork Orange". a couple songs are perfect Halloween music in disguise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts