Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a few things out, but those are usually out all the time. hee hee. I usually start after the dust settles from back to school time. ...(ah, I love back to school time)

Fall on the other coast of Canada isnt starting early, still really nice here.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't really have anything out just yet, but I plan to begin putting things out little by little around the last week of September.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My dad said he won't even help me work on halloween stuff until october.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have! I have! I bought a great candelabra at a thrift store and have black tapers in it and my stuffed spiders on the mantle with my witch books, my witch bottles are on my fridge, along with my 'pickled head' prop. I'm going to print some spooky photos to hang on the entryway wall today...more is coming in as soon as I turn the calender over to Sept. August is pushing it even for me! ;)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I just finished making a prefabbed boarded up window deal that I just hang up over the existing window frme. Anyway, the neighbors were giving me really strange looks as I was trying it out. I think even my wife, who enjoys what I do to the house, would not take kindly to me starting to decorate two months before Halloween. One month, very acceptable, but two... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Mad max... thats alot of props and things!!

Well i actually take down my xmas lights in our rec roomin jan and put the halloween ones back up . Lucky for us Halloween and Harley go good together. Then i gradually put things out at least down there. Nothing outside yet til beginning Oct.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Damn Max, well at least you don't have to mow your backyard.

Do you consider "getting stuff out of the attic and stringing it all over the house" decorating? If so, then I have started.

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Other than the stuff that stays up all the time, the new purchases are up. Soon... very soon.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Damn Max, well at least you don't have to mow your backyard...
That is the greatest justification in my books. For the month of October, I dont mow my front lawn so that the yard has a more abandoned look to it (better for the graveyard). And now that my yard is big enough that it takes me almost two hours to edge and mow just the front, I am really enjoying the justification!! Whoo-hoo bring on the month of October! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't have anything up right now, a bit to early IMHO but, I plan on working on props this weekend and doing a test of all my lighting next weekend.

I always way set-up the first weekend of Oct, which will be Oct 2 this year.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I am setting up my Lemax Spooky Town this weekend. I wanted it out early enough to enjoy it but not too early that I get sick of it.
I have a couple things out that I collect over the year.. they just stay out then after Halloween, it ALL goes away and I start fresh.
Currently I have my spooky candle holder with bleeding taper candles in it. A couple of bloody hand prints on mirrors and window, A spider candle holder any my cauldron in the basement as I just havnt figured out its "place" in storage yet.
My boardedup window for my bedroom is in the middle of the living room currently adn I will be trying it out tongiht to make sure its all good.
Other than that, the real decorating will wait till Oct 1 weekend.

For me anyway....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know I stand the chance of being booted off this site but at this point in the year, the only thing I can get by my non-Halloween-loving Husband (forgot to ask that question before falling in love) is scarecrows, bales of straw, corn stalkes, and bats. I know its lame but by the middle of September, I'll have following eye portraits hanging in the living room, several corpses bluckies laying aorund and my coven of witches will make their migration from the basement...(I only have one of them done right now!)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I have replaced some of the year round pictures and other wall decor for Halloween stuff. I've even been working on the inside of the shed for a few weeks now. So, I guess you could say I've started my decorating. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's cool Zombie-F. I might just start putting out cob webs and all that this weekend I dont know. Kind of early, but I dont care. I think it's best to start early as possible, to fully enjoy the whole holiday.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts