Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a roll of the beef netting and would like to see pics of how anyone used it in webs or whatnot even? Need some sort of ideas
thanks

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Ask Ghostess...Her page is were i got my idea from. She rocks!!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks turtle and octoberist..

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
See i wouldnt say cartoony. I think its more like...extreme webs. LIke something that has been left alone a LONG time. I like the look, I plan to mix both, hell maybe ill jsut leave it up to **** of my neighbors :D

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
extreme webs..that's good turtle ......I agree.

I do not like the look of them during daylight hrs, cartooney may be right word infoamtek for me on this for day look ,
I think it's the oblongy circular holes that seem weird. and /or they are not sheer enough for daylight.

but when lit right they are awesome and look good . Like Ghostess has it in her entry way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Personally I have preferred the realistic look of the fluid web spinners, that is the old professional ones. I once did a haunted house castle room and put up the threads, then sprayed it with the spinner and got the same look as Dracula's castle in the old Lugosi "Dracula". A little dusting with Fuller's Earth and they were perfect. I saw the beef netting ones all over "Knott's Scary Farm" and they just did not look real enough to me. Personal tastes I guess.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Very different. Beef netting is more like a cheesecloth, only really stretchy. Actually, it reminds me of a very thin sweater and is soft. I should make one out of it...lol

I had it all over the place, in almost every room and across the front of my house:
http://www.howloweenqueen.com/2006interior.htm
I adore the giant skull on the table and I love the bathroom decorating!

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Oh me too sickie...her house is jsut crazy cool. I love that it seems like every surface is covered wth something. Heres my delima....who;s gunna come over to my house nad do that????

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
LOL... thanks y'all. I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Infoamtek, I agree... they don't look real at all. They're filler, and they do a good job at filling large areas fast. I like 'em. Webspinners are just not on my list of must haves YET, but when I get to be big time with an actual walk through haunt (instead of my house which we actually live in..lol) I'll start with those. RIght now, I have small kids, and those fragile webs would be gone in no time with them and the cats around.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ghostess, how many yards of the beef netting did you use? And what did you attach it to the walls with? It looks to have a lot of tension pulling at it.

And how much wall covering? I love how you did the bathroom and would love to do that as a start. Where did you get the stone wall scene setter? I've seen it offered a few places and would be interested in who has the best kind and best price. Oh, and how did you attach that as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I never have used beef netting before - but have wanted to for the past couple of years - and have just arranged to buy several pounds of it this coming weekend. Having always admired it at Knott's Scary Farm, I'm eager to try it out for myself. :jol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts