1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I've heard of them. This sounds like a throwback to 80's Metal. Kept half-expecting to see a lot of teased up hair and Twisted Sister t-shirts. They seem to be more of a visuals band as opposed to substance and would probably be fun to see in concert, much like Gwar. :D :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Lordi is kind of a GWAR knockoff, but actually very listenable. I've been meaning to pick up some of their music.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
roadkill said:
If you like the lyric style of Gwar and also want a great show - another band I'd recommend is Dead By Day. The keyboard vocalist is a halloween freek who also works as a SFX makeup artist (Ralis Khan). Very heavy death/goth/industrial metal sound.

www.deadbyday.com
WARNING

Don't go to the that web site. I just did and the Anti -virus filter caught 3
Trojan Viruses. Be very careful

·
Registered
723 Posts
WOW! I tried to respond but for some reason about 30 replies seemed to flood into the forum - so I deleted.

They do remind me of the 80's style metal Sin referred to but they look a lot like another band I like called Dead By Day. The keyboard/vocalist is a halloween enthusiast who also does SFX makeup work in films.

Check them out - www.deadbyday.com

·
Registered
723 Posts
SpectreTTM said:
WARNING

Don't go to the that web site. I just did and the Anti -virus filter caught 3
Trojan Viruses. Be very careful
I'd be very curious about that. I've never had any such response from that site.

It may be a preload in their site code but I'll take a look and inform them if there's a problem.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts