Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CANCELLED: Saturday, April 7 - 10:30 a.m. Updated March 26

This has been cancelled due to low interested, quite likely because it falls on Easter Weekend.

A new date will be scheduled soon.

Inspired by the NJ haunters' Make and Take, is there any interest in organizing something similar in Chicagoland?

I live way out in the western fringe of the 'burbs, west of the Fox River, and would be happy to host something in early spring when the weather is a bit more reliable.

I have a three car garage and plenty of space for us to work on projects.

Anybody interested or have any suggestions, comments or ideas?

:)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
No, this is the proper forum Ms. Wicked. It's not like anything is happening right now, this is something you would like to do. If it comes down and something concrete gets off the ground then we will humbly comply and move the thread. No biggie. :D

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
While sinister is moving the thread, I just wanted to say that I am in. I am a Chicagoian myself. I would love to go. We can call it the Chicagoland Hauntforum Mini Haunt get together. LOL. I actually took video for the Christmas version of this. They made a video from the video that I took. Maybe we could do the same. Raise some money for Hauntforum. I would suggest doing some demos of FCGs or groundbreakers. I might even be willing to donate some money to buy Hauntforum T shirts as prizes.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Well, in the planetChristmas session we had a member show how to weld and sting lights up to it. We also had someone show how the lighting controls worked. That would be a good thing here as well. Like showing how a stamp works. That might be a good thing. Maybe have somone show how to make a groundbreaker form start to finish. Or maybe showing the motor and etc for a fcg. People could explain how they did stuff. It also might be interesting to see how Ms Wicked stores all her stuff. Everyone is always asking about that.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I *Do* have an interest in using controllers, but have never had anyone demonstrate how to use one...

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
See, that would be interesting. Plus, it would be hands on. So they would bring you up and you could take a crack at it. The best way to learn is do it yourself.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hey gang, sorry to jump in on your group, but the How To video is a a great idea. The NJ group has already started one on how to make latex hands. If we all make videos of all of our projects, it would be a great addition to the How To section. I'm glad to hear you all chiming in, and starting to get organized, way to go!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd love to learn how to use a stamp, controllers, and make a ground breaker.
You're right Death Touch, the best way to learn is hands on.
I live 4 hours south of Chicago and I would drive that far to learn more and to meet some of the people from the forum.
Count me in

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Another thing I was thinking was make up. I know Bodybagging has some nice stuff that, my understanding, most people can do themselfs. Maybe we should buy one form Bodybagging and try it on one of the members that show up. We might have to get the member drunk first if I am doing it, but I think it would work. Just to see how easy it really is to put make up on or the face cast. What ever you call it. I think that would also be neat.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Im 5.5 hours away. Ill drive it too just to meet some freaks. Sides its on the way home sorta...LOL

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey i was thinkin maybe we could have the "teachers" for the event get us a parts list for what they are making so we could do a make it take it. This way we would be able to have something to show for our hard work. Just a suggestion, but i need to be able to touch things

1 - 20 of 104 Posts