Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I haven't yet.........but told hubby last weekend we needed to clean up the shop cuz i wanted to start working on some stuff

hate waiting til the last minute........and we have another grandbaby due in Oct so that will cut into our prep/prop building time

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I will start once I get the new shed we're building up and finished. I plan on doing a different scene in it every year, so I think I'll spend the latter half of the summer working on it.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I've been working on stuff since April and yesterday was oout in the back yard mapping out the walk through, which is going to be expanded alot if the weather holds. I'm just hoping I can pull it all together...so little time left!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Technical Terror said:
By the time my haunt is done I will be dark brown and about 20 lbs. lighter. I can already feel my jeans getting looser every week.
Hehe, me too. I choose building over eating in the evenings. I usually eat about half my supper and jump back out to the shed before the sun goes down for the night.

I guess that's why I haven't lost the winter weight yet. :p

·
Registered
831 Posts
DeathTouch said:
I have been working since Jan, but I took a small break. Krough never stops. He is a non-stop prop machine.
LOL. In a way this is true. I am now completely absorbed by my prop building. The scary thing is that my prop building is now accelerating as the date of Oct 31 gets closer. I also continue to have those recurring nightmares where its Oct 31st 6pm and I dont have any props set out, this is at least once a week now. LOL

I took a slight breather between Nov 1-30 or so.

Back to the basement with me, the Organ Grinder calls.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
krough said:
LOL. In a way this is true. I am now completely absorbed by my prop building. The scary thing is that my prop building is now accelerating as the date of Oct 31 gets closer. I also continue to have those recurring nightmares where its Oct 31st 6pm and I dont have any props set out, this is at least once a week now. LOL

I took a slight breather between Nov 1-30 or so.

Back to the basement with me, the Organ Grinder calls.
Krough has left the building folks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
krough said:
I also continue to have those recurring nightmares where its Oct 31st 6pm and I dont have any props set out, this is at least once a week now. LOL
Man thats funny. I actuall had a dream about a month ago that I was outside working on my haunt. All of a sudden I looked down the drive way and there was trick or treaters walking up the drive. I was freaking out. I realized that it was suddenly Halloween night and I didn't have the first prop placed in my haunt. I was scrambling to get every static prop out of the shop, knowing I didn't have time to set up the air system to work pneumatics.
Maybe that's what finally got my butt in gear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frighteners Entertainment said:
Not a thing, well, I did do a snake....

But usually, nothing until Aug....
My Honey Do list is a novel....a very scary novel I'll add!
Oh yeah. Married guy here to. How well I understand.
I wouldn't trade it for being single again though. Its kinda nice to have a partner in life. Now if I could just remember where I hid that list...

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
I started bout a week before Halloween last year and have not stopped since, thanks to these guys. My todo list continues to grow faster than I can build, there is just so much I want to build:eek: Theres been twitching arms, a pumpkinrot, LED flicker circuit and spotlights, cheap walls for a walk through, paper mache heads, tombstones, and I still want more! Oh well, thats why I'm in this forum. Welcome aboard!

You still got a month to build a tombstone and enter our contest!

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
What do you mean "has anybody started", does anybody truely stop from one halloween to the next. Anything that does not get done this year goes to the top of next years list, and on it goes from there. But if you are starting to set stuff up now, well you may need help of some kind.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Technical Terror said:
Just wondering if I am the only one building haunts yet?
Last week I picked up last years walls out of the storage bin and brought them back to the house. I have been building props since October and now setting up the actual Haunt since last week. Why you ask, well I am in serious need of therapy just like you ! LOL I wanted to play with the angled walls for one and I am building a few new things this year so I gotta test them out and see it in place it helps me. The biggest reason is for the past 3 years we waited way to late etc and it was a mad rush and a ton of stress and last year I just about lost the desire due to the stess so I told myself I was not going to do that to myself again. So I just decided to start the day after Halloween and not stop. How about that !

·
Registered
156 Posts
I gotta buy me some of that 2 part foam I am tired of Great Stuff not being all that great it's hit or miss. I did make one skull with melted glue sticks that is kinda transparent looks really cool with a flicker light inside. The welder has kept me busy for a while. I have Halloween Prop building ADD LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts