Haunt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been in the garage working on things the past couple of days and just cannot concentrate or work properly due to the clutter and mess. So I've been working on cleaning things up, now have 5 trashcans full of garbage and crap. Everything from organizing, dusting, throwing out things, and just went and bought a whole bunch of new tools and gadgets - due to everything we just vanishing over the years, etc etc.:mad: I even decided to paint one of the wall boars red to hang all the tools on, hah.:D

Anyways, I think once I get the cleanup done I'll be able to be more organized and less frustrated.:xbones:

Who else is going through, or has gone through, the same thing?:zombie:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Johnny..I've had the same problem. I can't find anything that I need when I'm working on a prop so I have to stop whatever I'm doing and clean it. I try to keep it neat and organized but it never stays that way. Just recently I threw away tons of junk from the garage and had it nice and neat. This past weekend my nephew calls, seems he had a fight with the girlfriend who threw him out and he needed a place to store all the bins of his stuff. So, needless to say, I can barely walk through there again! Just when I had it so neat and clean! I just spent 10 minutes trying to find my paint brushes. Guess that means tomorrow I'll be back out there doing it again!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Well, I've been in the garage working on things the past couple of days and just cannot concentrate or work properly due to the clutter and mess. So I've been working on cleaning things up, now have 5 trashcans full of garbage and crap. Everything from organizing, dusting, throwing out things, and just went and bought a whole bunch of new tools and gadgets - due to everything we just vanishing over the years, etc etc.:mad: I even decided to paint one of the wall boars red to hang all the tools on, hah.:D

Anyways, I think once I get the cleanup done I'll be able to be more organized and less frustrated.:xbones:

Who else is going through, or has gone through, the same thing?:zombie:
I go through that same thing every spring. I leave the shed a mess after Halloween and simply MUST clean it all up before I start building again for the coming year. Depending on how messy I get to be, I may sometimes do a mid-summer cleanup as well.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I do this too, usually in August when the kids go back to school. It's usually when I get a bunch of household projects done too. I have been to GoodWill about 5 times in the past 4 weeks with my surburban loaded for drop -off. I cleaned up my garage, painted the floor in there and rearranged the cabinets. I made stuff more accessible and organized and even made my hubby his own space for his helis and airplanes. Last week I installed a new kitchen sink cuz the old one was just yucky and stained, installed a new ceiling light in there, and installed chair railing in my dining room. Now I am cleanin more clutter from around the house, vaccuuming behind and under furniture, and getting ready to start decorating inside. The house kinda gets a cleaning overhaul this time of year..lol Then it gets it again after Halloween when I have to put it all away.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Garage clean out is the plan for Labor day weekend. This is the first year I've really spent some time working on props and I have stuff everywhere and it needs a home. Unfortuanly the garage is also a weightroom and storage for the lawn stuff and hubby's motercycle and welder.

I find myself doing a lot of stuff inside at the kitchen island (too hot to work in the garage until we get out of the 100's for at least a few days) Does anyone use any kind of storage cart or something for inside that holds everything and can be moved out of the way when you want a kitchen back again??

·
Registered
496 Posts
I do all of my prop building and Halloween mayhem out of my basement which, unfortunately, doubles as my guest room when we have company in town. Consequently, I find myself cleaning up and reorganizing fairly often. I guess the trade off is the expression on my extended families faces when they find out they have to sleep in a creepy basement with piles of the undead in every corner.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Kids are back in school tomorrow. Wednesday I take everything out of the garage, sweep/hose/re-organzie, and put it all back..."neatly."
I have my witch prop in the works and the frames for my castle facade leaning against a wall with sheets of pink foam calling my name. I also need to re-work a piece of my cemetery fence which is leaning against the back wall. This will give me a kick to really get started on finishing stuff.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok same thing for me. Because I do turn my garage into the haunt, I clean it all out. Actually I love this time of year. I will drag out anything thats not hanging up on a wall and repack into the garage. I will sweep down cobwebs spiders etc because I line my whole garage with black bed sheets. Already have hooks installed up in the ceiling so every year I just have my sheets numbered and marked and up they go. But I love getting the whole garage swept out and cleaned. I always have to get a box of tools together and organized so once everything is covered then i have my main tools needed for the rest of the haunt and props. Soooooooooo yep i do the same thing. Finding tools i thought was lost etc. But man when I begin cleaning the garage all the neighbors know I will be decorating the following days ahead. So they keep close eye to see whats new LOL.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks otherworldly, they sit there and monitor my every doing, then approve of the new props! Madmax, that looks like the other side of my garage, lol!

wormyt, I could never turn my garage into anything for Halloween, I'd go insane! Kudos to you and the rest who do though! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Does anyone else have a box of misc motors and parts hacked out of broken toys/appliances etc that you just couldn't throw out because it can be used to build props with? Still don't know what I should use those busted teddy ruxpins for? Hmmm...

I have had two garage sales this summer and still can't walk through the damn garage either.:devil:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
JohnnyL, nice neat garage there. My hubby would PAY someone to come here and make ours look like that! I'd be happy if I could just walk through it without having to move stuff out of the way!
Wormy, I don't know how you do it. I emptied everything from my garage to clean it out and organize it while hubby was away and it covered my entire driveway and part of the yard. I guess I really have to get better with this whole organization thing! I've decided this year that after Halloween is over and put away, alot of the bins will be going up into the attic, which will clear out alot of space in the garage. Unfortunately, we all know what happens then...if you have the space, you find more stuff to fill it up with!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts