Haunt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 58 Posts

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else who visits here builds any of their own stuff. I do as it's the best way to get exactly the kinds of props you want. Alot of the stuff on the market is either too cutesy, too cheesy, or too damned expensive.

Any ambitious haunters frequenting this site?

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think most store-bought props, no matter where you are suck. I really feel that's why so many of us build our own stuff... it just looks so much better, and often times costs much less than a store-bought prop anyway.

I hear you with the fog. It's a real crapshoot as to whether or not the wind will behave itself. I say since I already have the fog machine, I may as well use it regardless of the wind factor because I think it'd be a waste to just let it sit in my barn and rot away.

Good to see another do-it-yourselfer here! Feel free to post about your prop-building exploits. :D

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I started out four years ago (I know, the flyer says it's my third year, but I don't count the first two attempts), I almost exclusively used store-bought items. Year two saw less of that as I found lots of great resources and inspiration from haunters on the Halloween-L.

For the third year, I bought a few tombstones to make the cemetery larger, but that was it.

Now, I do like to go look at what's out and about in the local shops, but I really rarely buy something unless it's a VERY good looking piece (i.e. not cute, and has a good amount of detail to it). But even still, I usually wait until the day after sales because the prices of the store bought stuff is out of hand most of the time.

1 - 4 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.