Haunt Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,222 Posts
My neighbors had stuff out last weekend. And i call myself the halloween person...Damn that is jsut sad. Im finally going to get something out this weekend.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,222 Posts
I wish i had started in the middle of Sept
Im supposed to be having a party and have NOTHING done
I usually have my village up by the beginning of Sept. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Last weekend we brought home the first trip from storage and put the reaper on the front porch. This weekend we brought home the second load and will start sorting things out tomorrow. Next weekend last load and pumpkins. I usually dont set much up untill the day but with a new job there is no time off so it will all have to go out slowly over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I started the front yard yesterday..finally. The neighbors have been stopping by asking me why we we're not decorating this year. I never start until the beginning of October....all t his pressure, they're driving me crazy! :googly:
I have most of the tombstones out, the fence up, the coffin out and some of the other stuff. I have my groundbreaker just sitting in the plants right how, but come the 30th and 31st, he'll be moving around. The faces are up on the tree, Peanut was first to go up again and he is facing the street this year so he can watch the people go by LOL. Found out yesterday while dragging some of the stuff out that the mice have found their way back into the shed and have made another mess for me to clean up. Today I get to remove everything from the shed and cover it with poison. (I apologize to all the animal lovers, but I have to kill the little bastards....they are ruining alot of stuff). Today I will try to finish the front yard, finish the last of the invitations and deliver them, and rebuild the columns. The whole time I'm out there working yesterday I was thinking to myslef..."Why do we keep putting ourselves through all this every year?" Then some neighbors stop by and chat, tell you how much they enjoy it, cars start slowing down to look, etc and then you remember....we do this so that everyone can tell us how wonderful we are...LMAO. Oh well, back to the yard. Got props to build, displays to arrange and the closk is ticking. Oh yeah, gotta take the Christmas lights down somehow!

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I wanted to start putting up my graveyard last week already.. but hubby says it too early ....so I think after he cuts grass again I will start I want grass to be a little longer this yr.
I will be starting my decor in our bar in the basement today while watching the game (GO Pack) woohoo..
We will set up our tent ( this yr it will be a 20x20 ) 2 weeks before so then I can get going on that and then Our screenhouse will be our food area this yr .
We bought an inflatable skelly on a bike he is going on top of garage hopefully.
I am all psyched now

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.