Haunt Forum banner

Anyone started putting out their displays yet?

5K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  Lilly 
#1 ·
hi, just wondering if anyone has started putting displays or haunt stuff in their yards yet. i know all of us have been busying working on displays and materials, props, etc. but has anyone here actually started decorating their yards yet. I told myself I would start putting stuff out until oct. 1 but I am getting anxious. hahaha

#5 ·
I already have my front yard set up.Started over a week ago. have security cameras all set and I record my yard everynight. Have already had traffic drive bys, and stops and slow downs. I am also a bus stop here at the corner so lots of kids go home and spread the word, plus this weekend several folks had yard sales so lots of cars driving by and want to come back Halloween night. I wanted the whole yard done by the first then i will start gutting the garage. The dot room will go up bout a week before. So to answer you.................YES get out there and decorate NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

#6 ·
Nope. Too early for me. Some outdoor lighting will go up this weekend. We put our witch out the second week of October. The rest goes up on Halloween day, maybe a few days before in the garage and patio. If the weather is decent, the fence/columns will go up the weekend before.

#8 ·
I don't do a yard haunt but really a haunted house

It's in the back yard so I will be building props, coming up with design layouts, purchasing all necessary items before actually setting anything out until mid month.

I can't wait for a few years down the road when I am just tweaking an existing setup rather than coming up with a newly doubled effort compared to last year.

Oh, and I have to build the 20x38 canopy frame starting next week when I pick up the steel tubing. So I have alot ahead of me for sure, that's why I am concentrating on props, design and supplies right now.

Does anyone have to worry about theft? I noticed that Wormy said Security cameras. So far my small community is really respectable since I have left garage door open plenty of times overnight and nothing has come up missing. (That's really why we moved to a smaller town) However, with half of a garage full of Halloween supplies, would I really notice anything missing? :rolleyes:

#10 ·
I will be pulling out things this weekend but intend to finish my cemetary fence this weekend because it's suppose to be a nice weekend so whatever I'm adding to the fence can be sprayed outside. I will do a lot more next weekend because I will have a three day weekend!!!!!

#13 ·
I wanted to start last weekend, getting things laid out and start the construction phase, but as always, more busy with the job and coming home to put the finishes on the newest creations for this year. Of course, just getting things laid out is another argument in itself. With the lack of front yard space, it gets tough keeping the oldies (but favorites) without overcrowding them with the "new" favorites.

Lets face it, a haunters job will NEVER be done...Planning, researching, purchasing, construction and troubleshooting, displaying and teardown/storage and then it starts all over, on Nov. 1

I was trying to figure out where I needed to add the fun part in the above flowchart, but, hell, I cannot distinguish which parts of it that I have more fun than the others...I love it all. Halloween Rules!! 24/7/365:jol:

#18 ·
Heck ya I love the halloween vibe. I've carved a couple pumpkins already....so fun!

I'm not doing a haunted house this year after 7 years of doing one.

It's hard to sit on the sideline while others go on to achieve greatness.

It's good to get back to what Halloween really means to me. The spirit can fade when your so wrapped up in the tasks of building your haunt.

It's been overcast lately....just beautiful crispy fall weather for California. I'm gonna put out decorations old school style....

....I'm gonna decorate and be whimsicle, not worrying about doing it for art-sake.....but just for fun!!! Maybe this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.