Haunt Forum banner

April Meeting

10321 Views 154 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Dead Center
OK, I started it. Let's start filling in available dates and project ideas.
41 - 60 of 155 Posts
Is the Picaxe audio/servo board ready to show then?
The circuit without the preamp has been ready (accepts output from an amplified speakers). I need to rebuild the board with the LM386 amp to make sure that it works fine on the breadboard and I will will solder one up and test it. I had one built on the breadboard a few months back and I need to find my notes on that so that I can duplicate it again. You guys have been extremely patient with me and I am sorry for making you guys wait. I have moved that chapter in the book to the top of list so I can get that information out to you guys. I will see if can do it this weekend. I have just not had a lot of time to work on the book but I need to start getting a little more disciplined or I will never finish it.
The circuit without the preamp has been ready (accepts output from an amplified speakers). I need to rebuild the board with the LM386 amp to make sure that it works fine on the breadboard and I will will solder one up and test it. I had one built on the breadboard a few months back and I need to find my notes on that so that I can duplicate it again. You guys have been extremely patient with me and I am sorry for making you guys wait. I have moved that chapter in the book to the top of list so I can get that information out to you guys. I will see if can do it this weekend. I have just not had a lot of time to work on the book but I need to start getting a little more disciplined or I will never finish it.
That's great! I have the components ready to go. Maybe this will be my upcoming vacation project.
That's great! I have the components ready to go. Maybe this will be my upcoming vacation project.
Welcome to our neck of the woods Halstaff, Perhaps one day you can make the short 3200 mile trek to hang out at one of our MnT's :)
Welcome to our neck of the woods Halstaff, Perhaps one day you can make the short 3200 mile trek to hang out at one of our MnT's :)
You never know. I drove to Salt Lake City from San Diego last summer for the Rocky Mountain Groups weekend of make and takes.
I get a lot of ideas for our meetings by following what other groups are planning.
Have any good triathlons in your area? Maybe I might combine trips sometime.
Whats up all, I didn't mean to be a stranger all winter on the forum I have just been really busy. haven't had time to do any projects over the winter so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at some meetings. Whats the next project?
"Whats the next project?"

I'd be happy if we came up with a date...Who's in charge here?! :googly:

Rich
Well, since Sharon wants to have an Easter egg hunt, we can do it the 23rd, the day before Easter, if that works with everyone. It's a little later in the month too so maybe the weather will start to break for us. However, we're open every weekend so it's up to you guys. As for dinner (yes, I AM thinking that far ahead) IF my kitchen is torn apart by then, we may need to all just chip in and do pizza or something. If not, I'll be cooking something. Oh, and since Sharon wanted to do the egg hunt, I say that I make one SPECIAL egg and send her on a treasure hunt to find it...lol. Who knows where in the neighborhood she'll end up!
April 23rd works for me! :) Hmmm...a special egg...huh??? So what you are saying is that you have a rotten egg waiting for me and your hiding it in your neighbors toilet??? If that is the case than don't think I am going to bob for the rotten egg! Do you need me to get the plastic eggs or do you have them? I will be going through some of my things this weekend to see what I can have for prizes!
Oh and I still vote for the make up tutorial, pepper ghost project and when we are in zombie make up help Greg out with his project! Kill three birds with one stone! I still would love to see a bunch of zombies looking for easter eggs! That would be classic!! Oh and Hey Bob..hopefully we will see you at this meeting!
April 23rd works for me! :) Hmmm...a special egg...huh??? So what you are saying is that you have a rotten egg waiting for me and your hiding it in your neighbors toilet??? If that is the case than don't think I am going to bob for the rotten egg! Do you need me to get the plastic eggs or do you have them? I will be going through some of my things this weekend to see what I can have for prizes!
But you will have to do it in your stalk around costume! :D
I ma y not be able to make it on the 23rd depends where Easter is going to be and if she will need help. I will have to get back to you on that one. Otherwise we can skip until May. Flame shields on))))).
April is a tough month for me. I have my bday this coming weekend on the 10th, my grandmothers on the 16th and parties on both the 23 & 24th. Might have to miss this one. If anyone wants to do the peppers ghost project let me know. Is anyone really unfamiliar with how to do this illusion? I think this would be a fairly simple and quick tutorial rather than an involved build so we would need another project to tie in with it.
I posted video of the March meeting. It is in the March thread.
Sharon, Your editing skills are BAR NONE. You have impeccable timing and intuition... It flowed magnificently. I loved every aspect of it, even the kids B-day party. SO FUn to watch :) AND I finally got to see your stalkabout in its full glory.... I was SO Torn as I was still helping others with the Gravegrabber... I felt cheated as I really wanted to experiance it LIVE... but your video skills brought it close to life... BUT I still wanted to interact with that magnificent animated creature in person.

FRIGHTGUY April is a tough month for me. I have my bday this coming weekend on the 10th, my grandmothers on the 16th and parties on both the 23 & 24th. Might have to miss this one. If anyone wants to do the peppers ghost project let me know. Is anyone really unfamiliar with how to do this illusion? I think this would be a fairly simple and quick tutorial rather than an involved build so we would need another project to tie in with it.
Ummmm You're gonna have to give up a few ot those "Normal" parties to party with the big boys dude LOL... March was party Central for you and Now April too???? Damn....
I guess you guys do like me since I am being ragged on for my party schedule haha! Sorry Greg, April is a bit nuts.The 23rd/24th may or may not be a go but I am sure at least the 24th won't be an option for me. The 10th & 16th are definitely out. Ugg...I was hoping to make this 3 in a row! Whatever everyone decides. Hopefully I can come.

Sharon, loved the video. Can't wait to see more. Keep them Vlogs coming!
Thanks Greg! I can always bring my stalkaround costume back, so you can check it out. I think Joe (hppropman) mentioned that he wanted to wear it during the Easter egg hunt??? Anyway Jay I hope you can work out your schedule to make it to the next meeting. So how about the rest of the group does April 23rd work out?
What?!? All these people can't make the make-and-take because they want to blow out birthday candles instead? Poseurs!

And FrightGuy, I love your Sally Field impression: "You like me! You really like me!"

Rich
41 - 60 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.