Haunt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to convince myself to jump into building my own controllers for my haunt. The frightprops controllers are great but they can get expensive.
The research I’ve done on YouTube etc. is terrific, lots of info. But my question is can I build the arduino prop controller using an apple computer, it seems everyone uses windows. Buying a new computer really messes with the cost effiency of building my own controller.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think quite a lot can be done with the arduino. 95% of the time, if I have an idea for something I want to do, I just search that and the code is already out there. By compiling short/simple functions into an overall sketch, you can get quite a bit of custom functionality. Of course, there are the 'standard' arduino prop controllers already out there, too. So overall, quite a rich environment for development.

What I have no clue on is the arduino<>apple interface. Looking at the arduino IDE download page, they show a version for "MAC OS X 10.10 or newer". Though offhand, I don't know if that is a 2020 operating system or 2002. If your apple meets that requirement, I would suspect once you get into the arduino IDE, then all arduino code/functions/programming/etc would be the same.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts