Haunt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts

If I could only get him to mow the yard while he sits on my tractor
Well, really, what can you expect? He's not dressed for yard work:googly:

Great work - he's going to be one wonderful prop, and very versatile - switch out a head, switch out an outfit - every year, he can be reborn as a new prop.

·
Terrible Peril
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Roxy....no wonder, when I asked him to to mow he just responded with 1 finger

·
Terrible Peril
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
thanks for the good words everyone!!!

Sickie...I used 2"x2" treated pine as the primary material, but also there is a few feet of 1" x 2" pine and 1" x 4" and 3/4" plywood...It took me 2 hours to figure out what parts to buy at Home Depot and 6 hours to design/build the standing form...I think the next one I build will take less than 3 hours

Turtle and Sharpobject and Silent Requiem...I spent about $60 on hardware (metal) and about $10 on wood and $8 on the clothes...so he is not cheap, but still well worth it for the long life this prop should enjoy

RoxyBlue...you hit the nail on the head...this guy is versatile to the max. He can pose new every year as well as becoming a new character every year

Mr. Chicken and Ghoul Friday....what I found is that he is extremely easy to pose...If I tighten the joints about 3/4 of the way, I can pose him repeatedly without re-adjusting the joints and he will stay right where I leave him. However the hip and knee joints do better if I tighten them 100% after he is posed.

Hpropman...filling him out with foam will be the next part of this project

By the way...the form looks just as good in an old prom dress that I picked up at Goodwill

·
Terrible Peril
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Mr Chicken....I do think that he is strong enough to hold a prop or two....I'll try him out and post some new pics

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love it! That is too COOL!

I have to steal this idea especially since I have most of that stuff already on hand!

We had a live actor who bought me a duplicate of the mask he wore this last year. Putting it on a static prop will drive people nuts. They stood and watched the actor for ages waiting for him to move, this will be hilarious!! (especially if he helps again and runs out from behind something while they are waiting on the static prop to do something!!

Very very cool, you have the best ideas!!

·
Super Moderator
64,334 Posts
By the way...the form looks just as good in an old prom dress that I picked up at Goodwill
A cross dressing prop? Now THAT'S versatility!:googly:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would have put money on Sickie Ickie being the first to make the cross-dressing comment ha, ha. Way to beat him to it RoxyBlue!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Very cool prop. I see people throwing fence out or giving it away on craigslist from time to time. You might if you look hard enough find your hardware for free. My search starts today because I need a few of these. Do you have the dimensions for the boards?

·
Terrible Peril
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Nobody said anything about my body's poor little shoes. First they ended up screwed to the wrong feet, and second they may be snazzy, but they are too small for him....

So today I found a nice big heavy pair at Goodwill to help him stand a bit more stable on his feet...

tomorrow, I'll add some plywood to the feet stumps and screw on the new shoes

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Very Cool B..
Did you treat the wood at all?
The possibilities will be endless with this one.
Hey, His shoes are on the wrong feet.LOL..maybe thats why he is standing so good.
j/k
I may take a stab at this also I have a ton of washers and stuff . Just need those nifty hinge do jiggys
Great Job

21 - 40 of 73 Posts