Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this posted on another message board and thought it would be better suited here.

Read Below:

Hi! My name's Zack, and I'm one of the producers for an upcoming NBC/Universal TV documentary on people who create home haunts.I spoke to Larry Kirchner once before, but it was a couple months back.

One of the main things we're doing at this stage is getting word out to home haunters that might want to potentially participate. The idea is that the two-hour special will showcase people who really love celebrating Halloween through making their unique home haunts. The focus is likely to be specifically on haunters in the northeast US, but if this installment of the show does well, we'd be able to do additional installments on home haunts in the central US, the south, the west coast, etc.

We're going to head east to start meeting with potential haunters very soon (Sept 1st!), so if you'd consider helping us spread the word by posting on your site or sending this along to your email list, we'd be very grateful AND you may help some haunters get some attention via the show. There's a very short questionnaire that you could link to where interested spook house proprietors can sign up directly:

http://www.homemadehaunt.com/casting-submission

Many thanks for your time/help, and of course, for keeping the fun of Halloween alive,
Zack Carlson
Producer, Magic Stone Productions

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Interesting. I don't understand why he talked to Larry Kirchner. Larry is too far on the pro side of the business.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Home Haunt Documentary That Wants You!!!

Hey guys I just discovered the team behind the doc "Best Worst Movie" which is about the famed Troll 2 is making a doc about home haunters! The best part is...THEY WANT SUBJECTS! Click the link to the site to check it out! I hope some of you people consider applying for this it would be awesome to see you get recognition!

http://www.homemadehaunt.com/

·
Registered
218 Posts
Poop! Would have loved to apply for this! Probably too late tho..

Congrats to all who made the cut, please let us know where and when it will air and don't forget to mention your Hauntforum user ID (if you can) so we know who you are. My DVR stands ready!

RandalB

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I congratulated them on facebook, but wanted to post it here as well. Congratulations to you all. I'm looking forward to seeing this once it's finished.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
congrats guys! i to am looking forward to see you guys in action! I'll be standing by as well!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes guys! I don't know how much I'm allowed to say about it, but I did sit down for an on-camera interview to talk about my haunt, HauntForum, some of my haunting friends, and also to just talk about some of the ins and outs of being a haunter.

From what I understand, this will be airing on a Universal/NBC owned cable channel sometime in 2012... I would assume close to Halloween.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Haunted Documentary

Just in case you did not hear about this, their are 2 docmentaries about haunting be made right now. The first is,"The Haunting Truth", this will cover Prohaunts and Home Haunts. It might not be available by Halloween. The second is,"Home Made House Of Horrors", this will be all about home Haunters. "Home Made House Of Horrors", is being made for TV and will be on a basic cable channel like SIFI or HGTV, it will probably run more than once in October.

The Haunting Truth
http://www.hauntumentary.com/

Homemade House Of Horrors
http://www.homemadehaunt.com/

Got any updated info please post it.:jol:

·
Muddled Moderator
28,214 Posts
I'll look forward to watching them

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was checking the production companys IMDB page about "Homemade House Of Horrors", and I only saw "American Scream", listed as a 2012 project. "American Scream", might be the name of the finished project.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts