Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have any experience separating lead vocals from background?

I am in the planning stages of an original prop and could use some advice on how to extract specific audio from existing tracks if possible

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Are you looking for a method similar to the Thompson Vocal Eliminator? I think the latest version of GoldWave can do this.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i have used audacity as well - i got the program along with a sd-10 audio repeater from gilderfluke for my bed thrasher - i am HORRIBLE with new programs like this and it was sooo easy for me - i mixed the complete track from scratch the night before i was showing it - synched it with the movements roughly - and it turned out pretty professionally - im sure many of you could do a lot better since i am a complete noob to it - but i will say the program was almost goof proof if i could turn out an audio track acceptable to me only a few hours after installing it

riley

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A good example would be the second half of this video (Monster Mash)

http://www.foxproductions.tv/haunts/VideoClips/terribletrio.html

Instead of using VSA to match the servos with the song I want to separate the lead vocal from the background and use audio drivers

I don't yet have experience with VSA but my simple mind can't help but think that audio drivers would be less work (if I can get the audio tracks I want properly separated)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts