Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! This year I want to enhance my graveyard with lightning and thunder.

I have an outdoor timer that turns on at dusk and stays on for 6 hours which turns on all the lighting.

I plan to go with a strobe that listens to audio which I will place next to speakers in a tree. Getting the looping thunder audio is easy.

1. What I can't figure out is what type of wav/MP3 player can I get that'll automatically start playing the thunder loop.when AC power is applied to it.

2. Also, while I have you, I was thinking of using computer speakers and covering them from the elements but wondering if that'll be enough "realistic oomph" for the thunder compared to a larger PA speaker that someone can recommend that's waterproof around $50-100ish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all! This year I want to enhance my graveyard with lightning and thunder.

I have an outdoor timer that turns on at dusk and stays on for 6 hours which turns on all the lighting.

I plan to go with a strobe that listens to audio which I will place next to speakers in a tree. Getting the looping thunder audio is easy.

1. What I can't figure out is what type of wav/MP3 player can I get that'll automatically start playing the thunder loop.when AC power is applied to it.

2. Also, while I have you, I was thinking of using computer speakers and covering them from the elements but wondering if that'll be enough "realistic oomph" for the thunder compared to a larger PA speaker that someone can recommend that's waterproof around $50-100ish
Try using an amplifier with USB playback like this one - it will play the USB on a repeating basis
Amazon.com: Lepy LP-V9S Hi-Fi Stereo Power Digital Amplifier with USB SD DVD CD FM MP3 : Electronics

Than you don't need powered speakers, just some good speakers with decent bass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't have anything too loud. I wound up getting these and mounted them in my tree above the sidewalk.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The way I would do it is Just have any projector hooked to it and leave it on the whole time. The Sprite is an instantly switchable player and can be triggered to switch between two videos immediately. So have a blank/black video playing on a loop and then when you want your actual video to play just trigger the Sprite.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, leaving it on is an option. That's a good idea. Actually, this projector I have I can schedule a time for it to turn on and off internally if it's always plugged in and on.

Just curious, what video do you play?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts