Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My Avatar DANCES!
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all after seeing this Bat Prop (Picture Below) I knew I had to make something like it so I got to work designing it and building it today, in-between studying and homework.

INSPIRATION

Work Done on Prop so Far

I wanted my Bat to look like a real bat with the ears

Wings

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Hey, isn't that my photo? I will sue. Ok, I wouldn't sue, but can I get photos of your prop after you are done? LOL. That is going to be cool after you are done. You need to post pictures after you are done.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Lotus, what a great idea, please post pics as you progress on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
how did you make the wings look leathery? i was going to use latex and paper towels to make some wings this year, but didn't know if that would give it the leathery look i was wanting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
halloweenfreak said:
how did you make the wings look leathery? i was going to use latex and paper towels to make some wings this year, but didn't know if that would give it the leathery look i was wanting.
I read a post somehere that the person used latex and cheese cloth several layers and came up with a similar look. I have used it to make latex molds thicker and it looks like this when it dries just a smaller scale. That pic is really cool looking I cant wait to see what this is going to look like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts