Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christian Bale and most of the Bat cast has signed on for three films. Director Chris Nolan gives a preview about what he'd like to see in films two and three.
In the second film.....The Bat, with the help of Gordon and Harvey Dent tracks down ...THE JOKER :D

The third film would be the trial of the Joker, who would squirt Dent with acid, creating Two-Face. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I have high hopes for this one. I have faith that without Schumacher's meddling, it should turn out just fine. I just hope the sequels to this series turn out better than the sequels to the last run of movies.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty amped about the new Bat. It's got the American Psycho, AND Katie Holmes. What can go wrong? :p

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Absolutely nothing, that's what. Christian Bale is perfect as The Dark Knight.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And, as the Joker, ladies and gentlemen, I give you.....

Heath Ledger?:confused:

Apparently, the offer has been made, anyways.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
What? :eek: Where did you hear or read this nonsense? Cripsin Glover or Adrien Brody would be perfect. Heath Ledger, indeed! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
502 Posts
RAXL said:
It's got the American Psycho, AND Katie Holmes. What can go wrong? :p
I'd love to see Katie Holmes in anything especially Batman sequels but didn't she get canned from any further Bat films by Warner Brothers? Because of all the mushy off screen Tom Cruise stuff they felt it distracted people from the film or something along those lines.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, Katie has been dropped, but mainly because they had nohing more for the character to do. Let's be honest, she didn't do very much in the first one.

And, Sin, the Ledger thing has come from the website that scooped Brandon Routh as the new Supes, so people are giving it some weight.

I see Crispin Glover's name all the time, and I gotta say, I don't get where that comes from. Crispin Glover? Does anybody know if he's even still alive?:googly:
Oh, well. We should hear something official shortly.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Get where it comes from now, mofo! :D

Pictorial evidence aside, Glover is VERY good at playing unhinged, off the wall type characters (Willard, Back To The Future, Charlies Angels, River's Edge) He's thin, creepy and you can see a very psychotic gleam in his eyes. Yep, sounds like The Joker to me.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And, it seems to be official....

Reaction to the 2005 release of “Batman Begins” was almost universally positive as Director/Co-Writer Christopher Nolan and Co-Writer David Goyer brought a very realistic looking Batman to the silver screen, as portrayed by actor Christian Bale. While the end of the film clearly indicated the next villain Batman would face would be the Joker, there had been no official word on that possibility. Until now.

Warner Bros. Pictures has told CBR News that the next Batman film will see Heath Ledger play the role of the Joker. While many names have surfaced in the last month rumored to play the role, Ledger’s name came up most often in the last two weeks and it appears the rumor mongers were correct.

Also, Warner's confirmed that director Christopher Nolan will be back to direct the sequel, which will be titled “The Dark Knight.” Rumors indicate Goyer will be back as well, apparently having already written some 80-pages that will later be used in a script.

Christian Bale, Michael Caine (Alfred) and Gary Oldman (Lt. Jim Gordon) are all under contract for three Bat-films and are expected to return for “The Dark Knight.” It is also expected that Katie Holmes and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles originated in “Batman Begins.”

Warner’s indicated that an official press release about “The Dark Knight” will be released Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
According to who ever i listen to on the radio they confirmed that ledger signed to play the joker

·
Registered
149 Posts
slightlymad said:
According to who ever i listen to on the radio they confirmed that ledger signed to play the joker
Was just about to post this same thing. Just heard it on the radio.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I have faith in Nolan to be able to pull this off, but that faith has been shaken somewhat. I think this is just a classic case of miscasting. We'll see, I guess.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And, ya gotta love the title:
Dark Knight.

It's about damn time.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My second biggest hobby behind Hween is following the Batman movies (thank God Nolan revived them). Rest assured, Nolan saw something in Ledger that he knew would work. Was I surprised to hear about Ledger? YES. Am I worried? Not at all.... I think Nolan is THAT good and knows exactly what he has in mind. Not to worry.....

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
Jack Nickelson's Joker will be tough to beat as the best of all time......Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'll just withold any judgment here until I see what Ledger does with the role. I still say either Glover or Adrien Brody would have been better fitted to the character. Like the folks from that message board, I have faith in Nolan as he is the very first director IMO to actually give Bruce Wayne/Batman his just due. Christian Bale was born to play the Dark Knight. I was never thoroughly convinced by Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney or perish forbid, Adam West, donning the cowl. Schumacher, the worst director of the lot who helmed these projects, just made it one big festive parade for the Rainbow. :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts