Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be on the alert !!!!!

Tis the season to keep a close watch on the big clearance items at Curby's.

Watch out for your neighbors throwing away those animated deer with non working lights or bent frames. The all weather motors are often still good, and the wiring from the dead light sets is what I use for my LED projects, not to mention using the frames for that wolf conversion.

White styrofoam. Everyone and their brother got SOMETHING that came packed in white styro. Often the pieces are big enough to use as headstones, and the smaller odd shaped pieces can be cut down to make brick or stone facades.

Look for those blow up units being thrown away, I have yet to score one, but I know they'd make a wonderful base for a fake fire.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
HA sweet! my dad is way into the christmas decorating and we needed to get rid of one of our blow ups because the motor wasn't strong enough to blow the figure all the way up... but i kept it anywas because i knew it could be used for something...
so i'm definately going to make myself a fire for next year... thanks for the idea!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
The title of this thread scared the crap out of me.

I've hit the sales, now it is time to do some nieghborhood shopping.

Great ideas, V.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Took Vlad out shopping at Curby's last night. Here's what we found so far.

Curby Finds pictures by troop134 - Photobucket

I'm happy to report that both mechanical motors on the deer work and the Miter Saw looks brand new. It looked as if someone bought it, used it for a project and then tossed it out. Yipee for us. Hopefully we'll be able to find enough of the mechanical deer for our NJ haunters group so we can do a wolf project later in the season.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Trish, one of us does (lol), but the fact remains, that tis the season where people throw out tons of useable prop materials after they get new stuff for Xmas. Why anyone threw out a like new 10" Compound mitre saw is beyond me though. They also threw away two ancient table saws, but they weren't worth the effort of grabbing.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
They probably didn't throw it away. They were probably unloading their truck and you cam eby and swiped it before they could get it into the house. They took your license plate number and the police will be there shortly!:D

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh, tonights the night again, gas up the van Black Cat, I smell animated reindeer poontang..................

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Did you know that Tang was the official drink of the astronauts? PoonTang must be a different flavor. I would hate to see the Kool-Aid guy busting thru the wall with some PoonTang.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Not just any ol' PT, but Animated Reindeer Poontang! I dunno, just seems like it would be a trifle uncomfortable if not just too damn weird and most likely illegal in at least 48 of the 50. :D

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Awww, come on Rudolph! It's only kinky the first time....

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
48 out of 50, but not NJ. Which is why we just got back with two more animated deer tonight. I haven't tested the motors yet, but it's the frames I really want.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts