Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'd like to thank you all for helping me through this time and through the prop.

Yes it is actually done on time! My obelisk FOG CHILLER! The base serves as a fog chiller. Heres some pics:

(super high res picture...click on it for full size)

Where fog comes in:

Where fog leaves:

So heres my cost list:

1 1/2 2'x8' boards of 1" foam: $10.50
White latex paint: $2.50 (whole can was $5, I didnt even use close to half)
Black acrylic paint: $1.76
Polyurethane Glue: $1.00
Toothpicks: $0.50
Cardboard: Free!
Dryer Tubing: Free from parents because it was basically dead and unusable for a dryer, but definitely works good for this purpose!

Total: $16.26

So its blue foam cut up mostly held together by toothpicks...lol. They work really well when you need things to line up, and if you use enough of them at the right angles its never gonna come apart. Theres not that much glue. Only 2 spots have glue. The top section is made of cardboard from an old box. Then I mixed white latex and black acrylic paint and had a base coat of gray. Then i dry brushed a darker shade.

So for those who dont like reading long paragraphs and probably didnt read that(like me!)...its a 5 and a half foot obelisk with a fog chiller base.

Overall, I'm happy with it.

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Very nice. It hides and protects the unit.

I used small nails and glue to help hold mine together. 3 seasons and the couple I have made are still together.

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I'm so glad you finished it! It looks great and what a clever use, too!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
great idea Beepem, glad you finished it.
nice job

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks awesome, I want to do the same!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Nice work Beepem. Dual purpose too, prop and fog-chiller-hider!

Glad you didn't give up on it due to other circumstances. It will be a great addition to your yard.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
What a good idea! I could use that in my yard. Did you post a how to?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I was wondering if you tried to use your fogger in this yet?
If not when, you do can you post a few pics?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
How does the ice go in without taking the ob apart? This is a very very nice project that I could see making myself!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
theres a top it travels through the tubing...theres one tube all the way through, the fog cant escape it....

i might be able to get pics, but its reeaally cold here right now, so it wont do much

1 - 20 of 28 Posts