Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always loved halloween and recently have taken to a large amount of research to make my house the scariest it has ever been. I love looking through supplies and prop pages on the web but realized that its hard to trust websites. So many websites contain cheap, overpriced crap and I want ones that people know are reliable and make high quality, reasonable priced products.

Would people please give me some links to high quality websites or stores that they've purchased from before? Much appreciated!

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
1,536 Posts
Reliable, high quality AND reasonably priced? When you find it, let us know.:jol:

Honestly, I actually, check all the various stores. If I find something I like then I google it specifically to find the best possible price. I even check ebay. That is the best way as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I've learned to trust most customer comments on most sites. When the customers are happy, it usually means the quality of the product is usually pretty good. Unfortunately, most vendors have to accept the quality of the prop if they wish to sell it, and have to rely on feedback from customers whether to continue selling that particular item. I've sent back more than one item due to poor craftsmanship. Some at my own expense, to get a refund. I've written letters to the companies, and told them their product is substandard, and usually get a full refund for my honesty. Just remember not everyone is in the business for the right reasons. It's trial and error, and if you want excellent quality, build it yourself!! That's what most of us do. I've bought items and improved on them several times, just remember once you tamper with it, you can't send it back.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I, like many others here, don't buy that many finished props or goods from websites. I tend to buy components or raw materials that go into making the things I want. Like Jaege, if I find something I want, I tend to hunt around for the best deal. I've also found that many stores do well in one range of items, but then come up short in others, so you kind of need to do your homework for what you want or need, and then do the hunting for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts