Haunt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some advice. Last year we got absomlutely no pictures of the haunt because the video camera AND the digital died. This year I want to be sure to tape it and would like suggestions on the best way to do it. I want to tape it during the day so you can see what it looks like in the light and then again at night, while people are walking through it. I know Vlad got some kind of security camera that can record to his VCR, but are they limited to the area you can tape? I want to get people's reactions and short of having someone follow them through with a recorder, I'm not quite sure what to do. Also, are there any tips on how to get a clear picture while recording in the dark or with the strobes going? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I know that Zombie rented a camera last year, and that worked out very well. Our plan this year is to set up the two night vision security cameras inside the haunt for candid shots, and also use it on it's fifty foot cords to record the entire haunt beforehand. I'll have Black Cat bring the setup along next time Trish, and you can see it for yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
The camera we rented turned out to not be what we wanted. We had wanted a camera that shoots nighttime stuff in that weird green-colored hue. The one we got just had a "night light" which consisted of a cluster of white LEDs that just shed a really tiny amount of light on what you were filming.

We're gonna be renting again this year, just from a different company and making sure well in advance that we are getting the type of camera we want.

Or else, we'll just bust out the plastic and buy one. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts