other spiders$2.00
spiderweb-$1.00
teeth-$1.00
white glue-1.00
assorted paints-$1.00
hot glue $1.00
batteries for eyes-$1.00

Grand total of $23.00

I first took a three liter bottle cut down to head size. Duct taped the bottom back on. Then shredded cotton balls, dipping in a water glue mixture and applied to bottle (took forever to dry).I built up the cotton ball layers until I got it the depth I wanted it, Then I applied paper clay to build the face. During the many days that it took the cotton balls to dry, I sewed the robe, assembled the pvc body, I used the styrofoam packing material to bulk out the shoulders and the body, I then cut the top and bottom off the 2 liter soda bottles, using them to bulk out the arms. I also duct taped a 3 liter bottle to the torso to add still more bulk. I then made the hands out of wire hangers and duct tape, then painted both the face and the hands.. After assembling and dressing him I then took twine and made the spider web off his body, I then glued the spiders on his robe, head, hand and web. I then attached the webbing. In the picture I don't have his eyes on, but they flash.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Good Job..
I hate spiders ..those guys creeping all over him yuck..

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Very creepy indeed.

Does he have a pet spider he could take for a walk on a leash?

·
Still scaring children
2,311 Posts
Now that's the way to do it! Life size! I think that you have done a really good job on this project. Nice work!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know if he looks like a friendly neighborhood spiderman, but he certainly is creepy.
Has funky ( good) eyes , he's not even squinting in the sunlight ! Your hands and robe are great. Nice job at putting this all together. !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts