Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Nirvana

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright another one, now this one has gotten me into trouble on some occasions, but here I post it in hopes you guys will help me out of this funk forever. If slated to choose between Alice in Chains and Nirvana which band would you pick? Seems harmless enough right? Well there are some die hard fans of Nirvana out there and when I say Layne Staley could blow Kurt Cobain out of the water they get ready to fight.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
It's hard for me to decide as I like both but I do have to go with AIC. I have always liked their music a little better. Now if you had Korn up there they would have my vote hands down. I have a thing for "freak on a leash."

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Alice In Chains, easily. If it wasn't for Nine Inch Nails, AIC would be my favorite band of all-time.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
AIC... no question. It really bothers me that when Kobain died it was such a big deal, but when Staley died it was like "whatever." Musically, AIC was far superior to Nirvana. Nevermind was a great CD, but man In Utero was just a mess (IMO).

·
Registered
723 Posts
Wow - guess I get to be the sole voice of dissent.

I'd go with Nirvana. I thought they were more avant garde than AIC. AIC is a great band but I would favor Nirvana over them any day.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'd rather have my ears filled with cockroaches and gummy worms, than have to listen to Nirvana.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
AIC all the way we used nirvana cds like aol cds target practic

·
Registered
797 Posts
Alice in Chains! I love both bands, but man did I adore Alice. When I heard about Layne Staley's death, it actually choked me up. =/ And I still follow Jerry Cantrell now that he's got a solo career going.

I heard a rumor that the Alice fellas are thinking of recruiting a new singer from another band to make another record as Alice in Chains. I think it might've been Pantera, but I'm not completely certain. I hope it's just an unfounded rumor... I think that would really make me sad.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Got a buddy that was guitar tech for Alice, and played lead guitar for Jerry Cantrell's solo project. He said told me, some time ago, that they were in negotiations to put Alice back together. No new singer. Jerry was going to sing all lead parts.

For the record, the best Seattle band is ..................Pearl Jam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts