Haunt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am working on an idea for a hot glue web gun that does not use a compressor. I will use the outlet of a vacuum cleaner. I have 1 1/4" sump pump hose and a few fittings to get the air where it needs to go. I will post more as I move along.

I need ideas for a way to divert some of the air away in a controlable manner so that the shooter is adjustable.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a great Instrutable that show one made from a pool toy inflator.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cobweb-Spider-Gun-Simple-Build/
The one he uses is 220 volts. and must be European. I dont know it the 110volt models would have enough power. Doing it this way I think it scan be done for for little if you already have the hot glue gun and the Vacuum cleaner. I have both.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I am sure a shop vac would have the air power if you reduce the hose size. The air doesn't seem to big as big of a problem as the gun keeping the glue hot enough.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is alot harder than I thought. I used my vac with some success. I then rigged up an old leaf blower with much worse results. I may be my technique. I have trouble using a compressor version too. I got an 80 watt glue gun so it does not cool too fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts