Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the biggest part of my Big Scream TV display done this weekend. As you can see I built it from 2X3's and screws. I build a DVD/speaker shelf on the lower half and a shelf on the top to hold a crystal ball. It will be covered with the Halloween fabric on the bottom and on top I'm going to attach 1X1's on the corners, extending about a foot high, to build a "box" made out of some black Halloween fabric, maybe with stars and planets. I didn't put them on yet because I'm going to store it in the basement until October. I also have to build a holder for the Plexiglas but, that will be easy and I can do that in the basement when I have the time.

I'm very happy with how it came out and I'm also happy to have my yard centerpiece done (at least the hard part anyway).

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
cool..
makes ya wish it was that time already.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made one out of an old dresser. I like yours better though. Nice job! any thoughts on mounting the plastic?
Thanks everyone for your comments. :D

Dr Morbius, not sure yet, was thinking of adding a 2X3 at the base of the TV that I can attach a hinge to and mount the plastic with that. This way it can fold in bad weather...which we will surely get in Oct. You see I like to have my display (most of it anyway) up the whole month of Oct. so I have to think about the weather here in Utah.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
May I suggest that you build some way to move your display. From what I can see I am sure that it weighs a ton with the TV in it. Maybe a flat dolly or something. It would really suck to hurt yourself getting it into place on the big day. Take a look at this link.

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=dolly&Submit=Go

Nice job please keep us posted.

PMT
Propmaster, thanks for the dolly tips I'll look into it. I'll also keep you guys/gals posted on the stand as I put the finishing touchs on it.
Also thanks again for your comments, they help keep me motovated. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts