Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Unpleasant Street Blood Drive
You can help inject some life into these forums and try to win a prize while doing it! There will be three prizes up for grabs here, all of which are LED products I will be offering for sale sometime in the near future.

Prizes
  • First Prize: One set of four LED Spotlights (one of each color) AND an LED-lit Prop Hurricane Lantern (choice of red, green, orange or UV LED). Approximate $45 value.
  • Second Prize: An LED-lit Prop Hurricane Lantern (choice of red, green, orange or UV LED). Approximate $15 value.
  • Third Prize: One LED Spotlight in your choice of color (red, green, orange, or UV) Approximate $7 value.

Rules
Ok, here's what you gotta do:

We're looking to add more members to this forum, hopefully gaining us more ACTIVE members to participate in discussions leading up to the end of the 2005 Halloween season (and beyond). We need you to pimp yourselves out for us. The person with the most referrals for new members wins, second most referrals gets prize number 2, and the third most gets prize number 3.

To get referrals, you must have a new person register for the forums and in the field labelled "Referrer" the new member must enter your exact user name into the field provided.

Only ACTIVE members are eligible to win. An active member is defined herein as a member who has posted at least 10 times during the course of the contest. This is to help promote forum activity and prevent inactive members from winning the prizes.

Furthermore, all NEW members being referred by existing members are also eligible to enter and win. The new member must also be an ACTIVE member (with at least 10 posts during the course of the contest) to be eligible for prizes.

To prevent cheating, ip addresses of all new referrals will be checked against the ip addresses of all existing members. Duplicates will automatically exclude the offending member(s) from the contest.

The contest officially starts today (August 13, 2005) and runs until Midnight on September 1st 2005.

Hints
  • E-mail your friends and ask them to join (remember to tell them your exact username).
  • Post about this on other forums you belong to, but only if they have a place for links and/or public announcements.
  • Try to avoid spamming newsgroups and any forum that does not have a place for links or announcements. We are not looking to incite cross-forum warfare.
  • Perhaps you are still friendly with a member of the former Badass Universe Forums who didn't migrate over here. Try letting them know about what's going on. Old faces are awlays welcome faces.

Good luck everyone, and stay tuned to this thread for all updates to the contest. Post all questions in reply to this thread and they will be publicly answered for all to see.

FINAL SCORE
As of Midnight September 1, 2005
colinsuds: 11
Vlad: 10
Blackwidow: 4
sgtdrpepper: 4
Forbidden Crypts: 3
Lotus: 2
Sinister: 2
Black Cat: 1
death2u: 1
Rachel: 1

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Wow, the title of this thread naturally got me all excited! LOL Of course I'll help promote the site however I can. Vlad

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, you bloody vampire scoundrel. :D

And thanks to Sinister for coining the phrase "Blood Drive" a while back. I think it fits the theme of the site to a "T".

Oh, and if anyone has friends registering with an AOL or Yahoo account, if they don't receive the confirmation e-mail, have them send me an email at webmaster at unpleasantstreet dot com and I can manually turn their accounts on. You can't post until you've confirmed through the email or through me.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Zombie-F said:
And thanks to Sinister for coining the phrase "Blood Drive" a while back. I think it fits the theme of the site to a "T".
You're quite welcome; I help out whenever I can. :)

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for helping out Blackwidow. :D Good luck to you both and may the best fiend win...

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I'm not much into the contest end of it, but I'll do my best for the good of the site of course.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At this rate, I won't have to give out the prizes. So far, only one person who's eligible to win has any referrals. Perhaps I should add a tally to the first post in this thread and update it daily.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. Five new members since the start of this and they're all pretty active people! :eek:

I never thought this would actually work. Thanks for the help guys and thanks to the new members for being interested in this little slice of hell on the 'net.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yowza!

So far, it's a three way tie for first. I guess in the event of a tie at the end, the users who are tied for their placing will have their name drawn out of a hat to see who wins.

So, if there's a three way tie for first, I'll draw one name and that person gets first prize, second name drawn gets second prize and the last name in there gets third

If there's a two-way tie for first, then the first name drawn gets first and the remaining name gets second

If there's a two (or more) way tie for second place, I'll draw a name and that person gets second prize and the next name out of the hat gets third.

So on and so forth.

Make sense? At the end of a long work day, nothing I say really makes much sense to me. :googly:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hex said:
Great contest idea!!

H
Thanks Hex. I was really wondering if the prize was good enough or not because the contest had a bit of a rocky start. It seems to be working though. We're multiplying!

I'll be updating the tally in a few minutes...

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vlad said:
It's never been about the prize, it's all about the forum. How we doing oh great Zombie? LOL
Wow. I couldn't have asked for better results than this. :zombie:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, we have some competition here now... As of this posting, colinsuds is in the lead with 7, Vlad in 2nd with 5 and tying up the third spot is blackwidow and Forbidden Crypts.

There's just a week left now guys! As soon as the clock turns over to midnight and it becomes September 1st, the game is over. :eek:

Things were slowing down in here a little yesterday (maybe from the outage the day before), so I'll try to inject some more new topics into the various forums later on when I get home from work.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Three more days! colinsuds is out in the lead with 9, Vlad in second with 6, and there's a tie for third with 3 each for Blackwidow and Forbidden Crypts.

I think it was a success in terms of what I wanted out of this. Thanks for all the help guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today's the last day for referrals! As of right now, we have a clear-cut winner but it's only a 1 point lead so that could change at any minute. Good luck boils and ghouls.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Final Score

The final score for all the participating members looks like this:

FINAL SCORE
As of Midnight September 1, 2005
colinsuds: 11
Vlad: 10
Blackwidow: 4
sgtdrpepper: 4
Forbidden Crypts: 3
Lotus: 2
Sinister: 2
Black Cat: 1
death2u: 1
Rachel: 1

We have a thrid place tie which needs to be broken. Since it is a two-way tie, I will use a cointoss to determine the winner. Heads goes to Blackwidow and tails goes to sgtdrpepper.

*flips coin*

Heads it is, so thrid place goes to Blackwidow.

Thanks to all who participated. The winners should check their Private Message inboxes sometime later today for more info on the prizes.

You all rock my socks!!! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.