Haunt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do all of you "blood fountain" builders out there get your recirculating fountain pumps? I'm looking for one for a slightly different use this year. Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I use pumps from Orchard supply(garden section),Lowes,Home Depot if i want a low pressure fountain/statue type trickle for a "blood fountain" & marine bildge pump for higher pressure for a "blood spewer".

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... we don't have Menard's out here so it looks like I'm off to Michael's or Horror Depot. This should be a low pressure job - just doing the traditional pirate skeleton with the wine pouring thru his bones when he drinks scene

·
Registered
203 Posts
No problem, glad to be of help. I was just at Harbor Freight last night, and noticed that their 158GPH pump (I think) is five or ten bucks off this week too.

That blood is really good looking, nice and realistic. And cheap, too! I saw some in person the other day, and will be making some for my blood fountain this year for sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I too bought my pump at Menards in the pond section. But I've looked at the ones used in aquariums...not sure how they'd work though.

Can't wait to see what you're doing with it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
On average, how much red food coloring is everyone using to make this blood formula? It says 7tsp of red, but it also says that they bought a 32 oz bottle. My understanding of the formula is that the rest of the "filler" to make a gallon is water?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I bought a "Via Aqua 480 Pump" brand new. I had planned on building a bleeding skull in a cauldron with an axe in his head but I decided I really didn't have use for it. I tested the pump once with water and it worked great. In fact the guy said he gets many requests around Halloween from Haunted houses for pumps to pump blood. So he sold me the correct one that could be used for a bleeding fountain.

I'm willing to sell the pump if someone here can use it. I'll post it in the For Sale section. titled "FS Via Aqua 480 Pump for Bleeding Fountains"

It has a description in there off the Interent for that model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.