Haunt Forum banner

Blood Fountain pump?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Fright Zone 
#1 ·
Where do all of you "blood fountain" builders out there get your recirculating fountain pumps? I'm looking for one for a slightly different use this year. Thanks!

#3 ·
I use pumps from Orchard supply(garden section),Lowes,Home Depot if i want a low pressure fountain/statue type trickle for a "blood fountain" & marine bildge pump for higher pressure for a "blood spewer".

#8 ·
No problem, glad to be of help. I was just at Harbor Freight last night, and noticed that their 158GPH pump (I think) is five or ten bucks off this week too.

That blood is really good looking, nice and realistic. And cheap, too! I saw some in person the other day, and will be making some for my blood fountain this year for sure.

#14 · (Edited)
I bought a "Via Aqua 480 Pump" brand new. I had planned on building a bleeding skull in a cauldron with an axe in his head but I decided I really didn't have use for it. I tested the pump once with water and it worked great. In fact the guy said he gets many requests around Halloween from Haunted houses for pumps to pump blood. So he sold me the correct one that could be used for a bleeding fountain.

I'm willing to sell the pump if someone here can use it. I'll post it in the For Sale section. titled "FS Via Aqua 480 Pump for Bleeding Fountains"

It has a description in there off the Interent for that model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.