4.) Broom - free
5.) Styrofoam Packing Material - free

Supplies:
1.) $10.00 - 3' Foam & Key ring Skeleton
2.) $00.00 - Phone Book - (recycled)
3.) $01.99 - White Glue
4.) $00.00 - Water - free
5.) $07.00 - Celluclay
6.) $00.40 - 2"x4"x5' lumber - (recycled)
7.) $03.00 - 3'x3' Large Weave Burlap
8.) $00.00 - Scrap Fabric - (recycled)
9.) $00.10 - 2 Deck Screws
10.) $01.00 - Crow
11.) $00.50 - Black Paint
12.) $00.50 - Orange Paint
13.) $00.25 - Off White Paint
14.) $00.50 - Brown Paint
15.) $00.05 - Green Paint
16.) $00.65 - 3'x2'x 2" Chicken Wire
17.) $01.00 - Gorilla Glue

The Build:
To create this scarecrow I cut apart the skeleton and used the Torso, Upper Arms, Fore Arms, and Hands. I glued them all together with gorilla glue and Wire Hanger, into the position that I wanted. I used a Balloon to create the head of the prop using paper mache and celluclay . I used Wire Hangers and Duct Tape to make an armature for the finger's and a piece of Wire Hanger to make an armature for the stem of the prop and modeled them with celluclay. Then I painted and assembled. I left a hole in the bottom of the head to slip over the neck of the Torso.

To create the cross I used the 2"x4". I cut the board into a 3' piece and a 2' piece then screwed the smaller piece to the bottom of the longer piece, making a base. I drilled a hole thru the 2"x4" for the Broom handle and glued on the Styrofoam Packing Material around it. Then I used my torch to heat a Wire Hanger to melt the Styrofoam Packing Material and to create wood lines and then painted it. I then attached the crow to the top.

To create the mound I used a piece of chicken wire and shaped it into a dome leaving a hole in the top for the cross to slip through. Then I covered it with the burlap, and painted. Once finished I hung the scarecrow on its cross by the arms.

Additional photos of the contest project:
Contest pictures by bloodhound_album - Photobucket

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Very nice job. You know you could have used a 40% off coupon from Michaels and used this prop for the 20 dollar prop challenge too LOL. You did a good job on it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Awesome job, bloodhound, I like the body with the skelly ribs, cool idea!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
I like the pumpkin head. Very cool.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
looks good Bloodhound..
nice pumpkin head

1 - 20 of 30 Posts