Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
They never listen...just like kids, they have to find out everything the hard way! hehe
Nice job on your spider victim ScareFX, thanks for sharing!
So, when do we get to see pics of the spider scene? (hint :D )

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blackwidow :)
I should be able to share some more elements of the scene soon. But the setup will be on the front porch so you'll have to wait 'til November to see the final scene. I'll take plenty pics and video. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I did the same project last year:

I painted mine with some flat grey latex house paint. It makes the webbing look older and a bit more realistic. This year, I'm gonna bust him out and give it a dusting with some flat black spray paint to bring out the features a little more.

I dislike Bluckies too, but for the price -- and provided you do *something* to them -- you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zombie-F said:
...I dislike Bluckies too, but for the price -- and provided you do *something* to them -- you can't go wrong.
I agree completely. You have to change those things. My boys groaned when I brought him home. They said, "That's so lame." Now they thinks it's cool.

Good idea on aging the webbing. I might have to try that as well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks great! Ive put that on my list of props to make. Hmm...this list seems to be getting progresively longer since joining the board...

·
Registered
458 Posts
ScareFX said:
Thanks Blackwidow :)
I should be able to share some more elements of the scene soon. But the setup will be on the front porch so you'll have to wait 'til November to see the final scene. I'll take plenty pics and video. :D
I'm looking forward to it :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where can I find one of these bluckies? I've never really heard of them? How cheap are they?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I used two packages of webbing on mine and painted it with latex house paint. You'd be amazed at what the paint does to the webbing not just for color, but for texture. It adds a whole new dimension to it.

Yours does look good though wormy. I like the big spider on him.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like that spider too Wormy. I'm going to follow Zombie's lead and add some paint effects. I started mine by taping the joints and wrapping him in Glad Clingwrap. Then I used 3M Super 77 adhesive to attach the webs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts