Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scarecrow is made of paper Mache, Hot Glue, and Sprayfoam Insulation. Three Layers of Paint was added to give the final look.

Parts List

ACC Skeleton - Upper Torso with Skull used as mold only
Paper Towels 3 pack - $1.99
White Glue - $2.00
White Air Dry Clay - $5.00
Green Moss Craft paint - $1.00
Black Spray paint - $2.00
Sand Tones Tan Paint - $0.00 Free From Work
Misc PVC 12" of 1/2" Pipe - $0.40
Misc PVC 1/2" to 1/2" Connector - $0.30
Fall Decrative Leaves - $3.00
Hot Glue sticks - $3.00
4x4 Post - 1/2 Rotten and Found at work Free
Rope - Strands from Jute netting P/R - $0.25
8 Small Closed Eye Hooks - $2.00
4 Small Zip Ties P/R - $0.25
Small Art detailing Brush - $1.50
5 Min Quick Set Epoxy - $2.00
Spray Foam Insulation - $5.00
Spray Semi gloss polyurathane - $2.00

Total - $31.69

At the Joints of the arms and to the hands I put a total of 8 closed eye hooks and connected them with small zip ties so the arms would have the movement of normal arms and blow in the wind. The whole Scarecrow was molded and mached ontop of a ACC bucky Upper Torso when the Mache dried I pulled it off and reinforced the mache then I used spray foam Unsulation to fill in the open space. the chest cavity head and arms are filled with foam. The Teeth and hands were made with hot glue I made a inpression in white air drying clay let it dry 24 hours and filled the mold with hot glue.

Good Luck Everyone

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow, Bobc,that looks great. Would be very creepy lit from the bottom at night. How many coats of mache did you use?

Nice work :devil:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks all, I havent been around this weekend to talk on the forum, I was in Orlando at Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights. Im so glad you all like it, alot of work went into it for an easy mache prop. To answer the question I put between 3 and 4 coats of mache on it after I polyurothaned the out and inside the thing swelled up like a rock. Ok I just got home I gotta run and eat some dinner talk to you all soon. Later :jol:

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
very good job, rotted dried skin looks good like he's been hanging for quite some time.
good use on the leaves gives it that autumn look

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Nice job BobC. I really loved all the attention you gave to detail. I only wish I could see him at night!!
:D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, yeah I try putting tons of detail into my props cause if it dosent look real and move like its real it isnt scary in my eyes. Every detail was looked into even though its a paper mache prop. The final layer of tan paint has super fine beach sand mixed in to give the overall prop a gritty and weathered texture so if someone touches it, it feels real. Again Thanks for the kind words. Later :jol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.