Haunt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every used boogie boards for tombstones. I saw a link on Monsterlink where they used a kickboard for a tombstone, but I would think that would be too small.

I know I've seen boogie boards at thrift stores for about $2.00

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Th ones I have seen inthe dollar shop I know others have carved successsfully. The concern I have is that the pre-cut handle line would show pretty dreadfully, not to mention falling out at an inopportune time.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Here's some on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/boogie-board_W0QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3
The wrist strap pops off (not a good thing to happen when using them! :( ) and leaves a whole that could be patched easily. Must admit, the shape is good and since many are covered in cloth it would be an easy transformation to tombstone!
Can't believe I didn't think of this before!
We must have at least 4 that are unusable and just lying around.
Bwahahahaha!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think the kickboards would work if you wanted small tombstones... which would work great in my cemetery since most of my tombstones are large. You know variety is always good.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
We have made them from the kick boards which we usually obtain from the dollar store. Before we spray them with the stone stuff we put packing tape over the handles to smooth things out.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I was looking at one of those plastic basketball posts the other day, and the backstop that the net attaches to sure looked like a large tombstone to me. If you could find one that isn't curved it would make a nice start for a large 'stone.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Never thoguth of it thse things go out to curby's all the time. The curved top actually apeals to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I picked up 3 kickboards and a boogie board at the end of a yard sale a few weeks ago - from the FREE box. Couldn't pass them up. Haven't done anything with the boogie board other than removed the strap and connector. The kickboards have been painted and are standing in the backyard next to the pond I'm digging. My partner's mom was here for Sunday and asked if I was digging a grave. Will post some pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts