Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been brought up allready, I apologize

I walked into my local Biglots yesterday and about had a heart attack.

Sorry for the poor images, all I had was my cell phone.

Looks like the same model they used for the talking skull candy dish, its not being produced by Gemmy but as far as I can tell, it has the exact same features and more.

As far as quality, yes he talks, has 10 different voices (5 human/5 robotic) im alittle dissapointed that all but the "amplified human voice" are completely muffled and impossible to hear actual words, Im not 100% sold on the size and model of the skull they used, but hey, its a good start.

Im personally going to modify mine with a hard foam skull to make him look better on a bucky.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see what you mean, not really impressed either. the face and sound quality could be done much better if we did it.

What was the price?

Worse case, ive been looking for a voice changer/color organ combo that was small and compact for my stalkaround this year, I could allways salvage the electronics from one of these.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Interesting...a Boris, yet not a Boris. I'll have to check this out, but yea, it does look like a modified skull candydish. Gemmy must've sold the rights to someone else to make this, that's why the rumor started it was coming back..but no Gemmy Boris was produced, so all hope was lost. I don't see the "original" Boris coming back EVER now that the name and concept has been granted to the candy dish folks..whoever they are.

360 Posts

Worse case, ive been looking for a voice changer/color organ combo that was small and compact for my stalkaround this year, I could allways salvage the electronics from one of these.
True. Black Cat and I were talking about doing the same thing. If anything, maybe change the speakers to get better sound. We'll see after we gut it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My BigLots hasn't put out any Halloween stuff yet. But they did have an AC/DC power converter with 6 differt output voltage settings (3V-12V) for $5.99. I got 2.
Nice! im going to have to go back again.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Ciooool i just called my BL and they said they got their shipment yesterday and should have the things out on the shelves by monday. Looks like ill be trying to get there on tuesday. i dont wanna seem over excited :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont have an original boris handy (although I have been trying to con my mother out of hers for years) how did the voice changer sound on the original? could you understand what was being said through it?

Aside from the amplified voice option, this one just seems to make noise.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
You people called??!?!?! Why the hell didn't I think of that. I DROVE ACROSS TOWN in search of the Talking Boris, only to be told it will be out on Monday or Tuesday.

Call first, you people are geniuses.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Big Lots never carries any good Halloween stuff, just kids' costumes, candy and "harvest" decorations. Guess they don't celebrate the devil's holiday there. (yeah, I'm in the Bible belt) I'll have to call around and see if any of their other stores are carrying the skulls.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts