Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some ideas on my barrel spitter prop, the prop will be designed to be submerged in liquid, but I would like the liquid to have a bubbling effect or mist etc...

any ideas, tips, how-to's?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
water pump for bubbling...
maybe a submersible light(s) for color.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I'd say an old aquarium air pump from a garage sale for the bubbling, and either a lot of misters, or, and I really hate myself for saying this considering the danger factor, but dry ice for the mist. Dry ice may only be used if 100% guaranteed that no one, and I mean no one, can come in contact with it.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I'd say an old aquarium air pump from a garage sale for the bubbling, and either a lot of misters, or, and I really hate myself for saying this considering the danger factor, but dry ice for the mist. Dry ice may only be used if 100% guaranteed that no one, and I mean no one, can come in contact with it.
Dry ice would both bubble AND fog. It bubbles rather violently which produces a nice sound too.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I was going to suggest the dry ice, but didnt know how that would work with his prop going up and down in the drum.

yup dry ice very dangerous to the hands....be very careful wear gloves

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Speaking from theatre experience, dry ice once submerged, doesn't last long. Instead, why not insert a tube with many holes into the drum, and water proof around it. Then hook the end outside the drum up to a fogger? Ta da! Instant bubbles and steam/fog. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Also note that submerged dry ice will ice over. That is, if you put a little in at a time to keep replenishing it, eventually the water gets very cold, and new dry-ice added in will form a layer of water-ice ice over it, keeping it from doing the bubbling thing you're trying to get. With a large amount of water, this will take a lot longer. If you were doing this in a bucket it would happen before the evening is out, for sure. With a 55 gallon drum, you might be OK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts