Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering that myself. On a related note, I just got my first buckies (group buy - thanks vlad) and was wondering how to hide all of the shiny hardware that holds the whole thing together. Lots of screws and bolts. Can I paint them? Or do they need to be replaced with something else? Or will it matter much in the dark? Sorry for asking these questions, but I think it is relevant.

·
Registered
375 Posts
mrklaw said:
Okay, I got my CH-52 skulls from the group buy and I was planning on starting to try to create a head for my scarecrow. I want to do a head with an open mouth so I guess I need to remove those springs and attach the jaw somehow.

How do you all do it? Do you screw the jaw to the skull somehow? Use glue?
OK heres how I did mine when i had my servo inside my talking Bucky skull.
Pictures by Wormyt - Photobucket go here but skroll down past all the folders...I swear there are pics down there. Just skroll down past all them folders LOL sorry got lots of pics LOL. But the skull pics are down past the folders then click on them to see them larger.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Slimy, don't be surprised if the moderator splits this off into it's own thread, it's an interesting topic about the hardware. I've heard everything from taking off all of the hardware, to painting it. Some people pack the joints with hot glue or epoxy, some people replace the bolts with screws, some with zip ties. To me it's never been that noticeable in the dark, other than the bolt through the top. That can be altered to remain inside the skull if it's not going to be used for hanging the skellie.

On a side note, WOW, Wormy has pics????

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I use Skillcraft skulls on my buckies, so the top bolt isn't a problem. I have noticed that some lighting may reflect off of the shinier hardware - just use a little white paint. If you're corpsing it, the metal will likely be covered anyway.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Vlad said:
Hi Slimy, don't be surprised if the moderator splits this off into it's own thread, it's an interesting topic about the hardware. I've heard everything from taking off all of the hardware, to painting it. Some people pack the joints with hot glue or epoxy, some people replace the bolts with screws, some with zip ties. To me it's never been that noticeable in the dark, other than the bolt through the top. That can be altered to remain inside the skull if it's not going to be used for hanging the skellie.

On a side note, WOW, Wormy has pics????
Yup, made a new thread..LOL Vlad...Who knew Wormy had pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts