Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw these in the Terror Syndicate book and altered them a bit.

The tops are a set of out door c7 flicker candles I bought for 15 bucks (there were, 7 I used 6. There "wax" is hot glue painted black. The skin on the ribcage is wax paper hot glued to the ribs and coated with sculpt or coat. The interior light is a 25 watt amber bulb. All the electrical is in side the cranium so if I ever have a problem im screwed, because I hot glued it shut and then spackled the edge to smooth it out. I did solder, heat shrink, and then tape all the connections so I should be OK though. LOL

I was gonna corpse them but I think I like them "clean"

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Do you EVER rest Krough? SHEESH....I need to get busy! Anyway, amazing job, as always. I know you can't see it but I'm bowing to you! :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Krough, another outstanding prop you've done. I've always been stumped by how to take more than one light socket and combine it so that multiple lights will share one wire going to an electrical outlet. Can you show a simple wiring diagram on how you did that?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
as good as ever man. I wish i could come over and video you working. what a great documentaty that would be. :D

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Krough, you must be ACC's favorite customer! I would love to put a pair of those in the living room, but I'd be risking my marriage. Nice concept!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im thinking of building the heading mounted video cam that "make" magazine had in it last issue, then I can make video of everything I make. Not that anyone would ever watch it, but how weird would I look with a head mounted video cam on all the time. LOL

As far as the wiring Dreadnight, its like this. The C7 candles are wired in parallel, I cut 3 off the string. So I just added the chest light to the configuration and that was it. I trimmed the height of the "candles" down with pvc cutters and then cut a big hole in the head of the bucky skull. Then cut a gasket of paper to bridge the gap between the candles and the skull and procedded to make the mass of hot glue "wax"

By the way, Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words, we have a great community here.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I would totally watch a "head mounted" web cam. All day and all night too! That would be awesome to see what you see when you are working away. DO it Do it!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would totally watch a "head mounted" web cam. All day and all night too! That would be awesome to see what you see when you are working away. DO it Do it!!!
Yeah the stumbling around the shop, the searching for tools, standing staring at the wall for minutes on end, On second thought no maybe I shouldnt do this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts