Haunt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
wait a second here everyone....I am in no way mad or upset.....just curious, that's all! believe me....it cracked me up to have them all laid out on the lawn, and cracked me up even more to see my neighbor across the street shaking his head as he pulled in from work....but he knows what to expect out of my garage...he laughs along with the rest of us!

My biggest laugh came when the open pickup truck pulled away from my house with 3 coffins and a mounded pile of bodies headed for my haunt!

·
Panic time is here!
3,841 Posts
I figured you had a morbid sense of humor (bodies everywhere) but you never know how somebody is going to react to something written. I have a dry sense of humor that, at times, doesn't go over well in writing.

Thanks for the tip about the bodies. I think I am going to use your method to make some dummies. I guess I need to make friends with the local furniture stores.:D

Still laughing...my nephew just saw the pics. He likes them too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey dave I was searching around the 'net looking for cheap realistic bodies in bags and came across your post making them from foam packaging and furniture bags. We are opening on Sat. night (oct 13) and these bags are crucial to the room I'm designing, so I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Judging by your picutures it looks like I just roll the foam up to make the arms and legs and then tape them at the shoulder, wrist, elbow, knee, thigh and ankle. Those look easy enough, however I'm not sure how you do the torso or head, do you just wad the foam into the correct shape and start taping? Thanks for your help, I just don't have a lot of time for trial and error.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey dave I was searching around the 'net looking for cheap realistic bodies in bags and came across your post making them from foam packaging and furniture bags. We are opening on Sat. night (oct 13) and these bags are crucial to the room I'm designing, so I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Judging by your picutures it looks like I just roll the foam up to make the arms and legs and then tape them at the shoulder, wrist, elbow, knee, thigh and ankle. Those look easy enough, however I'm not sure how you do the torso or head, do you just wad the foam into the correct shape and start taping? Thanks for your help, I just don't have a lot of time for trial and error.
LOL...budget bodies risen from the grave!

yep, that's basically what I do gimpboy.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I hate the fact that I have to wait until I get home tonught to look at any pictures. I cannot look at photobucket pics at work and it drives me nuts sometimes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I made body bags last year using clear painters drop cloths for the bag (tied at the top and bottom with sisal rope) and used two pairs of pantyhose and one knee-high stocking (head) for the body. This worked out pretty good and was cheap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Haasmama,

Do you have pics?

Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
140 Posts
Give me a few minutes...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here it is... Two pairs of pantyhose filled with fiberfill and plastic bags (bags inside the fiberfill)

Wrapped in plastic drop cloth. The "blood" is the cheap fake stuff from WallyWorld.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very COOL! THanks for the pics. I was trying to find a way to do this economically...I think you gave me the answer!

Thanks again.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I needed body bags for my haunt last year, but couldn't figure out a way to make them that I liked. This looks like it will work great with a small modification (mine won't be wearing clothes...I know, I am sick. LOL). thanks for sharing this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cool! So many of you make the neatest stuff out of the most random materials!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Dave awesome thread. I was talking the other night on how to make a bunch for cheap and you nailed this right on the head. Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I found this post while I was doing a google search on how to make decent bodies for my upcoming costume party and it made my day. This is fantastic! And as an added bonus I now know about these forums, which I've been missing out on.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts