Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting some "Problems with the database pages" intermitently.
Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 404

There seems to have been a problem with the HauntForum.com database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Some pages come up with "Forbiddin" messages also.

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.hauntforum.com Port 80"

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ok, I need more info on what it is you were doing when it happened. What page were you trying to load when it happened and did refreshing it fix it?

Also, has it happened more than once? It may have been an isolated incident. If not, I need more info from you as to what you were doing, what thread you were looking at, etc. I can't really do much to fix a problem if I cant' recreate it.

Everything seems to be working ok so far from where I'm sitting.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Also, when you get a database error, there's usually A LOT more text inside the text box that says "An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists." I need you to copy all of that text for me as it tells me exactly what went wrong.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 404

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

That's all it said..I was careful to copy all the text on the page.

I was clicking on the Hauntforum home link when I got the database error,
and when that finally stopped happening, the Forbidden page came up on EVERY forum link. Stopped after about 30-40 seconds, so I was able to get in, then start again, clicking on the same pages.

Oh, and refreshing did not fix it. It just stopped doing it on it's own.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Dr Morbius said:

That's all it said..I was careful to copy all the text on the page.

I was clicking on the Hauntforum home link when I got the database error,
and when that finally stopped happening, the Forbidden page came up on EVERY forum link. Stopped after about 30-40 seconds, so I was able to get in, then start again, clicking on the same pages.

Oh, and refreshing did not fix it. It just stopped doing it on it's own.
On the page that displays the error is a large text box, it's the text inside that box that I need and there is A LOT of it (usually) to the point where you'd need to scroll down inside that text box to get it all. It's usually e-mailed to me, but the e-mail on the new server isn't up and running yet.

Anyhow, it seems to have fixed itself, I'd say. ;)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
warning! Warning!

You Have Entered A Forbidden Zone!

You Will Be Disintegrated!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I do get the occasional 403(?) error, when attempting to access a forum, or the latest post. I am logged in, and it's intermittent. Usually clears up on a second or third attempt. On the page (nothing else):

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.hauntforum.com Port 80

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had a couple of issues getting to the board today, most of them are server-not-responding type of things, I don't even get to talk to the server before it times out. Maybe it's related, especially if this is configured where the database server is a seperate machine from the web server for this board.

I'm unable to get to this board for a few minutes at a time, sometimes, so I suppose it could be the actual machine, or just a router between me and the board ;-)

Next time it happens, I'll do a trace and see if I can't pinpoint it.

- I

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
johnny933 said:
I got something similar, was in the forum and chat at same time closed one out re-opened the other and got weird message.
I deleted all cookies and internet files in control panel and it was fine after that.
When you get a weird message, please copy it and paste it into a reply to this thread. I need as much info as possible to get this squared away.

I'm pretty sure the database errors have come to an end. I'm not receiving any more notifications of those types of errors to my e-mail box.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ok, I've made a change to the .htaccess file concerning 403 forbidden messages. That may solve the problem. If you still encounter problems, please reply to this message with what the error is you are receiving as well as what you were doing when you got it. Specifically, I need to know what link you clicked on so I can repeat the error myself. If I can't repeat the error, then I can't diagnose the problem and solve it.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ok, just a brief update here. I have been able to re-create what is causing all the 403 errors. For some reason, after a user logs into the chat room, almost every page you load after that spits out a 403 Forbidden error. I am at a loss for why this would be happening and I am seeking out some support from the host on this one.

Coincidentally, I have tried the suggestion of clearing the cookies while in chat, to no avail. I still can't enter and type messages into the chat window. I will keep trying for a while longer.

Thank you for your patience during this time of technical problems.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ok, support has suggested I try something, so I did. I NEED to know if anyone encounters any more 403 errors or any more difficulties in logging in to chat. SPECIFICALLY, I need to know if people who have logged in to chat are not seeing the messages they type appearing.

It all boils down to a permission I had to set in the site's .htaccess file. I had to set the "SecFilterEngine" setting to "off." Let's see if that works. :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Why don't a bunch of us go into chat tonight around like 8:00 PM and really test this bugger out. :D Anyone feel like chatting? :D

*crosses fingers*

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Ok, so it happened to me again. I have put in another request to support to look into this. *sigh*

1 - 20 of 30 Posts