Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my son Eric said he wanted to build a dragon a while back. I told him if he was serious, I'd foot the bill for the project and help him out if he needed anything. He has picked at this thing little by little over the past months, and this weekend he went into framing mode for the body. (after taking notes on how I built my Thestral ;) )
So anyway, he just couldn't build a small dragon....oh no! it has to be this enormous friggin king size thing...LOL! I'll keep this updated for him as he gets further into the body.

Here it is folks....my son's first prop in progress. He dreams big!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Wow! I'd say he's off to a rippin' start. Is his intent to make this a zombie dragon? That'd be way cool! He could maybe work on a sort of rotted semi-transparent organ with some electronic fire-flicker lights to show through the rib cage, like the fire-organ is still intact. Wow, that'd be a dangerous concept if it were real, if you think about it... those flames would just about go everywhere if the dragon decided to unleash...

Anyhoo, good work! Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in that family.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, his concept is to have it very corpsed, very much rotting look. Rev, I like the fire idea alot! Sine Eric didn't design any sort of flame effect into the head, that really would be a nice touch. I will throw that to him and see if he likes it!

Haunti, hell yeah, it'll have wings. Man I am scared of the size of this thing, but yes, wings are coming. I have created a monster, and I don't mean the dragon.

FYI, Eric is 6'2"....that gives ya an idea of the size of this beast.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Holy Cow!!! Great job and props to your youngen...and it's going to have wings? So now how will you store this thing?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Really Good job (ERIC)...
I am wondering how you are going to transport these ..you have a semi? haha.
what are you using to adhere the pantyhose with?
will this dragon have smoke or anything coming from mouth?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now I know what we can work on at the next MNT!!! If you are using it at the bookstore for HP day, it would be funny to see you pulling a trailer with the dragon mounted on the back down I-71!!!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread..... but anyway....... I hate your family.

Next, you will say that your wife is a chef and your dog mows the yard.

Is there anything that you CAN'T do?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tell him I think that is the coolest dragon I've ever seen. Awesome job. I've got an idea for a prop...Vlad's supposed to help show me what to do..:D

1 - 20 of 96 Posts