Haunt Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

Registered
Fortunately, the authorities in my area do not hassle me or the others in town who do front yard cemetery themed haunts. In fact, every year the local police inevitably drive up to my place while I am setting up and tell me how much they and their families enjoy visiting my yard haunt.

Registered
That's in part, why I decorate the whole neighborhood. Nobody would ever just stumble upon the haunt that may cause concern to some overzealous parties. You have to first notice that something is a little "off" in your local park or schoolyard, then follow clues, then pass an exam, then complete wave upon wave of challenges just to get in. On top of that, it's only possible for 36 people total to enter, most two at a time. Never mind the decoy haunt, and there is a safety warning to that before going in.
I'm common sense responsible though, just don't have time for "all the rules". Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. Your mileage may vary.

Registered
Its a shame how the world is changing. Today most people are sue happy which spoils it for others. Back in the day things seemed to be much simpler and people seemed to be happier. We even as kids went door to door for trick or treating without worrying about getting poisons or mugged. As for setting up a fun haunted house it was all done for free just for fun. Now you have to get permits (more money to put out) guide lines to go by or you will get fines (more money) etc. There intent is to protect the people or is it just to make more money. Its amazing how back in the day we didn't need any of this!

81 - 83 of 83 Posts