Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. RahneFan replaced our food chopper with a new one; the old one has a broken lid. Proper attachment of the lid is required for operation of the chopper - it moves something that completes the circuit I guess.

Is this worth taking apart? Got any ideas what one could do with it? It otherwise works great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Should be a decently strong AC or DC motor for its size. I am thinking maybe an axworthy maybe.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It would certainly be worth having a look. Most food choppers I have seen are variable speed, so it would probably be worth it to extract any speed control without damage. It might even be a universal motor, meaning it would run just as happily on DC as AC.

The down side is, I don't know many which are built for continuous operation. You may luck out and be able to get by - of it may eventually burn up like my blender did on a particularly long (~20 minute) blending job.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
BWWAAAIIINNNNNSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Nothing that diabolical. :) ..it was a failed recipe for tofu ice cream the wife wanted to try. The mix was all grainy instead of smooth and creamy. So I hit the max speed button and walked away for a bit. Come back to that 'electronic burning' smell and no more blending.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used one with a motion controller to make a platter with hand jump violently the high speed workes great for this in short bursts,,, Warning the motor will burn up with exstended long runs. it needs time to cool.

I found with the torque and speed it was perfect for a well dress forearm and plater about 3 lbs.. created a cam with lobes

just an idea......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts