Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for this and to no avail, so here goes a new topic....

I am Canadian...He he, I love doing that. I noticed that many other Canadian Haunters have been popping up around here. It would be nice to see who y'all are and what province you are in.

Is there any way to make this sticky for us. Im not trying to create our own field here but theres like 450 Americans and 25 (if that ) Canadians. It would be just nice to see what kind of spirit we have here LOL.

Any other cross-boarder shoppers here too?

Im in Southern Ontario, not too far from Toronto.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'll move this to the Haunts and Displays forum. I think, and I could be wrong, but that is where this topic goes. After I move it, I would recommend PM'ing DT and see if he can't make this a sticky for you. If it was meant for my forum, I would stick it for you Court, but alas...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aawww thanks Sinister... I will see what DT says.... I did put my "haunt" on his 'GraveMarker'

·
Registered
743 Posts
I am in the lower part of BC.

I find it hard to get any props I like in Canada though... I usually 'window shop' online in the states, but rarely buy. I end up making stuff from scratch.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I would like to move this in the Canadian Haunters section. Wait, we don't have one. Fine, I will leave it here. But doesn't Canada have to pay a duty tax? LOL. Oh, and this isn't my section anyway. I am in the non-smoking haunter section.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I hail from the wonderful eastren province of Nova Scotia, second to Newfound land from most eastren Provice :D Theres a lot more of legand and story telling here then Haunting really.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh Canada!

Hey; I live in Cambridge, Ontario. It's about an hour west of Toronto. I have been lurking here for a while now. I have had a Cemetary in my front yard for about 13 years now. I'm adding new things every year. This year's project is a Crypt for my FCG. I just finished the frame and today I'm cutting and carving the foam walls. I think it's a good idea that we Canadians show ourselves because it's hard to find stores for props and materials up here. Perhaps we can pool our resources. I have no website or photobucket account but some pics of my haunt can be found on the Ontario Haunter's Club site. Look for Graystone Manor. Through this site I have found a wealth of info for props. I hope more Canadians stand up and be counted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would also like to say thanks to Death Touch for his Crypt How to. I am modelling my crypt after his. I would have added this in to my first post but I'm not allowed to edit my posts. On a different note; I was at Canadian Tire yesterday and they have a motion activated skull for 14.99 with moving eyes and jaw. I bought 2. I used Canadian Tire money to buy the second one. I'm going to try to make a Grave grabber with one of them.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Jtc Im in Brantford!!! Cool!

Theres a Halloween store here where I ordered Liquid Latex. Other than that, not too much. I will be heading to Cambridge soon to check out the Michaels. We dont have one so I go to the Ancaster, Hamilton or Cambridge Michaels fairly regularly now.

Do you do your haunt on more than one day, or just on Halloween?
Im in the OHC club too - Im cuddle_bunny_1999 ha ha.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey there,

Names Colin and I haunt from a suburb of Ottawa known as Kanata. Ive been haunting for a while and am a very patriotic Haunter. When people ask my hobbies they usually end up being politics and taking long walks through the graveyard....yah im that kool ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
On a different note; I was at Canadian Tire yesterday and they have a motion activated skull for 14.99 with moving eyes and jaw. I bought 2. I used Canadian Tire money to buy the second one. I'm going to try to make a Grave grabber with one of them.
Hey I didnt see any Halloween stuff at Canadian Tire!! I was in there yesterday!

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I'll move this to the Haunts and Displays forum. I think, and I could be wrong, but that is where this topic goes. After I move it, I would recommend PM'ing DT and see if he can't make this a sticky for you. If it was meant for my forum, I would stick it for you Court, but alas...
Actually, this ended up in MY forum..And I will be happy to "Stick it". IF Z feels so inclined to un-stick it, so be it, but if there is too much inactivity, I will unstick it myself. Now, where's my Tuborg?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Dr. thats awesome...now lets keep this thread a hoppin so we dont get unstuck :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Hellrazor. I usually start setting up by the first week of October. I keep adding things throughout the month. The pneumatics and foggers don't come out till the Big Day.
DeadSpider; when I bought those the kid was just setting up the display. There wasn't even a price on them yet.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So Canadian Shopping eh: there is a place in Brantford called CooHoos, they have quite a bit if Halloween stuff out right now. There is also a costume shop. I will be in London in 2 weeks time where McColloughs is and its a 2500 square foot Halloween store that carries Bucky stuff and everything else.

I will be going to a "make your own talking Bucky Skull Class" in October in Scarborough hosted by BoneyardBargains.com. They carry all things bucky and more.

If anyone orders (I guess it would just be JTC so far - Only Ontarioian) , I will be happy to pick it up for them on the 21st of October.

NE good Halloween Stores in Cambridge?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I know Micales the craft store always had a few halloween Items, and Costco in Kanata by the Scotia Center had a huge blowing snow globe like thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife has been picking things up at Michael's. Value Village has lot's of old stuff that could be used for props as well as costumes. I scored a fog machine at Liquidation World for 15.00. My favourite store in Cambridge is Maskerade Manor. It's on Queen St. It's mostly costumes but he has lot's of Top quality props for rent and masks, hands etc. The owner goes to all the big trade shows to order his stuff. He will order stuff special for you if you catch him early enough. I also rent a huge strobe that lights up the whole house for 20.00 from a place here in town.

1 - 20 of 448 Posts