Haunt Forum banner

Canadian Haunters

853K views 450 replies 127 participants last post by  Hallowed31 
#1 ·
I have searched for this and to no avail, so here goes a new topic....

I am Canadian...He he, I love doing that. I noticed that many other Canadian Haunters have been popping up around here. It would be nice to see who y'all are and what province you are in.

Is there any way to make this sticky for us. Im not trying to create our own field here but theres like 450 Americans and 25 (if that ) Canadians. It would be just nice to see what kind of spirit we have here LOL.

Any other cross-boarder shoppers here too?

Im in Southern Ontario, not too far from Toronto.

#2 ·
I'll move this to the Haunts and Displays forum. I think, and I could be wrong, but that is where this topic goes. After I move it, I would recommend PM'ing DT and see if he can't make this a sticky for you. If it was meant for my forum, I would stick it for you Court, but alas...

#8 ·
Oh Canada!

Hey; I live in Cambridge, Ontario. It's about an hour west of Toronto. I have been lurking here for a while now. I have had a Cemetary in my front yard for about 13 years now. I'm adding new things every year. This year's project is a Crypt for my FCG. I just finished the frame and today I'm cutting and carving the foam walls. I think it's a good idea that we Canadians show ourselves because it's hard to find stores for props and materials up here. Perhaps we can pool our resources. I have no website or photobucket account but some pics of my haunt can be found on the Ontario Haunter's Club site. Look for Graystone Manor. Through this site I have found a wealth of info for props. I hope more Canadians stand up and be counted.

#9 ·
I would also like to say thanks to Death Touch for his Crypt How to. I am modelling my crypt after his. I would have added this in to my first post but I'm not allowed to edit my posts. On a different note; I was at Canadian Tire yesterday and they have a motion activated skull for 14.99 with moving eyes and jaw. I bought 2. I used Canadian Tire money to buy the second one. I'm going to try to make a Grave grabber with one of them.

#13 ·
On a different note; I was at Canadian Tire yesterday and they have a motion activated skull for 14.99 with moving eyes and jaw. I bought 2. I used Canadian Tire money to buy the second one. I'm going to try to make a Grave grabber with one of them.
Hey I didnt see any Halloween stuff at Canadian Tire!! I was in there yesterday!

#11 ·
Hey Jtc Im in Brantford!!! Cool!

Theres a Halloween store here where I ordered Liquid Latex. Other than that, not too much. I will be heading to Cambridge soon to check out the Michaels. We dont have one so I go to the Ancaster, Hamilton or Cambridge Michaels fairly regularly now.

Do you do your haunt on more than one day, or just on Halloween?
Im in the OHC club too - Im cuddle_bunny_1999 ha ha.

#17 ·
Hey Hellrazor. I usually start setting up by the first week of October. I keep adding things throughout the month. The pneumatics and foggers don't come out till the Big Day.
DeadSpider; when I bought those the kid was just setting up the display. There wasn't even a price on them yet.

#18 ·
So Canadian Shopping eh: there is a place in Brantford called CooHoos, they have quite a bit if Halloween stuff out right now. There is also a costume shop. I will be in London in 2 weeks time where McColloughs is and its a 2500 square foot Halloween store that carries Bucky stuff and everything else.

I will be going to a "make your own talking Bucky Skull Class" in October in Scarborough hosted by BoneyardBargains.com. They carry all things bucky and more.

If anyone orders (I guess it would just be JTC so far - Only Ontarioian) , I will be happy to pick it up for them on the 21st of October.

NE good Halloween Stores in Cambridge?

#20 ·
My wife has been picking things up at Michael's. Value Village has lot's of old stuff that could be used for props as well as costumes. I scored a fog machine at Liquidation World for 15.00. My favourite store in Cambridge is Maskerade Manor. It's on Queen St. It's mostly costumes but he has lot's of Top quality props for rent and masks, hands etc. The owner goes to all the big trade shows to order his stuff. He will order stuff special for you if you catch him early enough. I also rent a huge strobe that lights up the whole house for 20.00 from a place here in town.

#21 ·
I never thought of Liquidation World. We have one here and in Paris too. Im gonna go check them out. Thanks, hopefully they have them at my Liqidation worlds.... or perhaps I will have to drive there. Did they have many fog machines?

#23 ·
Well JTC you ROCK!!!! I am so excited! I got a fogger too for 15 bucks. I aslo got 4 bottles of fog juice for 2.50 each and 2 strobes as well as 2 Scull Cups, 4 shot glasses and that slimey blood for the windows... all for 43.00 (includes all that and Taxes)

The Paris Liquidation world did not have thier stuff out yet. Im gonna call from work and perhaps go out after for 1 - 2more foggers. WOW what a deal!

#24 ·
Another Canadian haunter here. I live in Montreal but I spent most of my life in a very small town near Maine, USA. There really isn't a lot of haunters here but I would say Halloween is popular.

I started Halloween shopping this week and I saw some decorations at The Bay downtown Montreal. They didn't have a lot of stuff but I guess there's more to come. They mostly had costumes for kids and a few skulls and Jack-O-Lanterns. I'm gonna have to go to Canadian Tire tonight and see if they have anything. I'll stop at Zellers too. :devil:

#25 ·
So I went to the Paris Liquidation world, No foggers out yet but bought 8 more quarts of fog for 2.50 and 3.00 each. I also bought that blood for you windows for 1.5 each - I picked up 5 - I remember seeing them for the cheapest of 5.99 each! I got a few candles too

#26 ·
#30 ·
Yes. Basically I'm supposed to hide it somewhere in the driveway and whenever TOTers arrive I press the button and the little pumpkin (which is about the size of a grapefruit) starts racing (not fast though), its red eyes glow, and it makes spooking sounds ie. evil laughs which is supposed to scare the kids. I tried it last night when my roomate arrived from work and it scared him. Bwahaha! :D

#31 ·
Oh God... I was in Victoria back in Halloween 97 and there was bonfires, people screaming and drinking booze everywhere, one of the best Halloween I ever had! I'll always remember it. I used to live near that big cemetery, Ross Bay cemetery, and on Halloween night there was many police officers around there so nobody could go in. I highly recommend you visit this place as it's one of Canada's most famous cemetery. My friends and I used to go there late at night. hehehe! Make sure you go before (or after) Halloween cause as I said they close it that day because of troublemakers (unless it has changed). It's quite big, they say there's around 27,000 graves.

Here's some pics and links if you're interested and I hope you have a good time! They offer cemetery tours for only $5. Check the schedule here. ~ Halloween Ghost Bus-tours and Ghost Walking Tour. Or you can go all by yourself but I guess a tour is better.

Ross Bay Cemetery

Victoria Tombstone Taleshttp://collections.ic.gc.ca/tombstone/index.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.