Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're driving along in your automobile, who are some of the bands/groups you listen to that make you forget your troubles, and just enjoy the ride? I'm thinking about doing an individual songs thread as well, but for now, who can you put in the CD/Tape player and just crank it up? INPO:

1. Billy Idol
2. Nine Inch Nails
3. Danzig
4. Megadeth
5. Ozzy Osbourne
6. Queen
7. Molly Hatchet
8. AC/DC
9. Alice In Chains
10. KISS

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great classical selections, HJ. I listen to those when I am creating. When I'm driving, I have to have something like Rebel Yell or Flirtin' With Disaster, rupturing the speakers and my ear drums. It's either that, or road rage. Autopsychotherapy is what I call it. Great stuff! :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! When I hear Celtic music, I get this clear image of a height impaired leprechaun running madly about screaming, "THEY'RE AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS!" :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hmmm...it's been a while since I've actually driven myself anywhere now that I have my trusty manservant :p , but here are a few artists/CDs that used to get me revved up:

Gladiator soundtrack (including and especially the additional disc containing more music inspired by the movie)
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe
Queen - Classic Queen I and II
Metallica - a special mix of my favourites
Nightwish - Once

FE, you're not alone...I also love Celtic music, both traditional and modern. I listen to it a lot around the house.

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Sinister said:
Great classical selections, HJ. I listen to those when I am creating. When I'm driving, I have to have something like Rebel Yell or Flirtin' With Disaster, rupturing the speakers and my ear drums. It's either that, or road rage. Autopsychotherapy is what I call it. Great stuff! :D
I have taxed plenty a speaker with the 1812 overture!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
1. QUEEN
2. AC/DC
3. ROB ZOMBIE
4. METALICA
5. GARBAGE
6. MANSON
7.NEIL YOUMG
8.BOB SEAGER
9. PINK FLOYD
10. IRON MAIDEN

What is celtic music?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, throw some jams on us. What do you like listening to should the mood strike?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
okay so let's see, on my last road trip these were the groups that I was acting like I was the lead singer to

Anberlin
Gwen Stefani
Pat Benetar
Nickelback
Garbage
Delierum
Shakira
Blue October
Wolfsheim
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Depeche Mode
The Cure
ZZ Top
and various mixed cd's of odd stuff from the 80's

I try to rotate the CD's in my car quite often so this list changes all the time..lol

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
ok Sin.....I warning you It's a whole mix of artists!

Aerosmith
Metallica
Ozzy
Alice Cooper
Megadeth
Marilyn Manson
G N R
Poison
CCR
No Doubt
Lisa Loeb
Boyz 2 Men
Jodeci
R Kelly
Mariah Carey
Cher
Martika
Lynard
Eagles
Creed
Coolio
3 Doors Down
Nickle Back
Green Day
Shakira
Garth Brooks
Trisha Yearwood
Dixie Chicks
Keith Urban
Live
Nelly
Shaggy
Travis Tritt
Bangles
Culture Club
Europe
Carrie Underwood

Just name a few........... :D

You guy's really don't want to know how much money I have spent on cd's. :eek:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We definitely have a lot in common musically, hon. I love a lot of what you listed.

And what is wrong with old school Mr. FE?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You weren't foolin', Teary...your tastes are pretty ecclectic. :D

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
Come on, I like plenty of weird stuff too. Flamenco guitar, the Anonymous 4 (haunting medival vocal ensemble http://www.anonymous4.com/), heck I even stopped and bought No Doubt's CD to rock out on Hella Good one night. I never will forget when I was shopping for my car system several years back and was carrying around Metallica's Black Album and Schubert's Unfinished Symphony to test the systems. Revel in your unique musical tastes I say. :finger:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts