Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been rather scarce the past few days (can a newbie be scarce?) due to the fact that I'm gearing up for our next event. Below should explain it all:

For Immediate Release
Thursday, June 29, 2006

Gwendel Rodriguez
916- 256-3452
[email protected]

Carmichael's 48th Annual July 4th Parade Is Going To Be Haunted!

The Scream Extreme, Carmichael's Premiere Haunted Attraction is about to do
something no Haunt has ever done before - be the first Haunt to participate in Carmichael's 4th of July Gala Parade Celebration!

In all of it's 48 years, this Carmichael tradition has never had anything of a spooky nature parade down it's streets celebrating our independence. But, history is about change!

Placed in the 72nd spot of the parade, The Scream Extreme will immediately catch your eye with it's decked out white "Econo Hearse" fit with a toe pincher coffin, skeletons waving the American Flag and surrounded by roaming Monsters passing out candy to the kids as well as flyers and coupons to their Extreme Haunted House and Trail coming up this October.

Don't miss out. See history in the making! Bring you and your family to Carmichael's 48th Annual 4th of July Gala Parade. Beginning at 11am, the parade route starts at Marconi/Fair Oaks and continues down Fair Oaks Boulevard to Cypress/Manzanita.

COME SEE CARMICHAEL GET HAUNTED!

www.ScreamTonight.com
PO Box 548, Carmichael, CA 95609-0548
Phone: 916-256-3452 ~ [email protected] ~ FAX: 916-256-3453​

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Sweet Empress!! I wish you all the best with it too. Sounds like it is going to be spooktacular!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Hella!
And Yeah, FE. That's what I needed the contacts so quickly for. Now, I have to figure out how the rest of me is going to look.

We're having a meeting today to pick our costumes and decide on makeup. I'm as nervous as they come! I'm starting to do that thing I do when I have lots on my mind and that is to not be able to sleep much. It's 3am and here I am on the forum. :eek:

I'll keep ya posted!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I LOVE that banner. You can never go wrong with black and purple. Hope this is a fun day for you, Empress. It really sounds like it's shaping up to be. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny thing about the banner ~
I love it, too. However, what I've had to go through to get it is just pure mess. :mad:

A guy came on Haunt World and Haunted Attractions Magazine saying he had an offer to create two websites for only $60! Well, knowing that our website wasn't what I wanted, I jumped at it. I looked at his portfolio on his website and I liked the look of the sites he had done. So, I hired him and he began on the site. I gave him the specifics such as the colors I wanted, etc. Unfortunately, when I looked at his portfolio before hiring him, I didn't taken into account that none of the sites there were finished. That should have been a sign to me, but I didn't catch on until he kept making promises that he was going to finish our site without producing anything. But, that's not all....

He asked me not once but TWICE to help him out of a financial bind by transfering money from my account to western union and he would pay me back. This is when it hit me that he was up to no good! The things he was asking were textbook scams. When I told him I couldn't help him and that we needed our site finished at a certain time, he claimed he had a family emergency and had to leave town. He said, "I will be in touch." Can you believe that crap??? That was two days ago.

Well, thanks to my good friend, Midnight Evil, he and I finished my site without the scammers help. Although he created the basic design of the site and the feel, there were many pages that we had to create ourselves. Those pages do not have his design logo on them. Those that he did create has his logo on them, but it is not a hyperlink and cannot be clicked on. :devil: Besides, his site has been down for over a week and I hate having broken links on my site. I left his logo clickable on one page only so just in case he ever gets his own site back, it can be clicked on in one spot.

I tell ya, in this case...the saying "You get what you pay for" is absolutely correct. The site is very nice, but I literally went through a "nightmare" to get what I got.

Be careful! There are scammers even in the haunted industry.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WHEW! It's Over!

The Parade is Over!

It was a lot of work and I sure hope it pays off by bringing people to our haunt and website.

Things did not go as planned. We didn't get a chance to pass out nearly as many flyers as I had hoped since we were forced to walk at quite a quick pace. I was suppose to give the wheel of the "Econo Hearse" to my sister for only a short time while I took pictures. But, I got so caught up in yelling out our name to people, throwing candy and passing out flyers that I stayed on the street the whole time....BIG MISTAKE!!
I have no cartilidge on my knees and a very bad back. I made it within an
1/8th of a mile left only to sit down at a bus stop. LOL!! A guy who was driving a truck filled with iced bottled water for the onlookers took me to our crew which had made it to the end already. They were so worried about me. I was worried about me, too!

Because of me trying to keep up with the crew during the parade, I didn't get nearly as many pics as I would have liked. I did take a very short video, but I'm too tired to even tackle it at the moment. However, here are the pictures I managed to snap. I'll put the video up soon.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmmm....
Zombie, did you change the title of the thread? It's no problem and is actually more appropriate. But, I'd like to know if you did.

DT, nope that's not my son. That's Alejandro also known as Duct Tape Boy and my son would make him look like a midget! You're absolutely correct on how fast they grow up.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Hey Empress. It was me who changed it, not zombie. Zombie wanted us to change titles that seemed ambivalent, so that people could find information a little faster. So I thought it wise to change it to describe what you were talking about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.