Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Ditto. I have tried to get that effect with GoldWave, but so far no success. Which effects did you use? Is there some phase-shifting in there? That sounds really spooky, Dr. M. I'd love to use that effect for "voices in the graveyard".

·
Registered
723 Posts
Listening again it almost sounds like a bit of back-masking is used. I don't know GoldWave - I use Mixcraft for all my SFX editing, but I'm sure there are some similar filters and effects.

·
Registered
295 Posts
1. reverse the track
2. add some reverb and maybe some flanging
3. reverse the track back
4. ...
5. profit!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Excellent! You did a fantastic job of it too, Doc. Really creepy. I fully intend on experimenting with this effect. Maybe I can create a filter for Mixcraft with this and call it "Doc's Carolanne Effect" or something.

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
Ahhh! I'm most of the way there. I have an older version of GoldWave at home - the latest version won't run under Win98, so I'm missing some of the newest effect functions. Thanks, Dr. M!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Doc that is the best and will definitly be put in the stroller prop this year.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
That sound file gave me chills! Especially toward the end when the strings start in......WAAAAY Creepy!
Thanks for starting my morning out right....now I'll be humming itsy-bitsy all day..LOL

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
that's a really nice clip Doc. like it alot

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi,

I was looking around the internet last night and found a great website with excellent Halloween MP3's for download. Nothing like audio effects done well and in MP3 format. The thunder & lightning effect were pretty good too, especially #16. The site has many halloween music files as well.

http://rewindshow.com/haunt/hsed.asp

·
Registered
375 Posts
Now that was creepy. i can picture a child sitting backwards in a graveyard, all you see is her back and long hair. As she sits and sings this song, and the TOTs see shadows of some long legged spider on a gravestone moving, or FCG spider hanging down from above moving.....errieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 - 20 of 26 Posts