Haunt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any tricks to making a full body mold? Whats the best method, using mannequins, or can you cast your own limbs etc.....we want to make a mold to make several body parts as well as a full sized body......anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
793 Posts
If your going to make a duct tape dummy, why would you need to make a life cast off of it, just fiberglass or hard coat it with something, thats what I would do anyway, if you life cast a duct tape dummy, your going to get a life cast of a duct tape dummy.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I've used the duct tape bodyforms and reinforced them with greatstuff also. If you do it for a full body, you'll definitely want to put together a basic PVC skeleton and put it in there and foam it into place so it stays rigid. Just remember if you build a heavy costume it could compress the foam. When I put my chainmail shirt onto mine eventually my dummy got scoliosis. Oops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.