Haunt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ceiling Fan Motor - What type of prop should I make??

I was able to pick up a couple of ceiling fans today thinking they could be used for some type of a prop. I keep seeing a blucky with a hangman's noose going around in circles. LOL

But what else can these be used for, any ideas? How about a "ghost merry go round" or "Blucky-go-round" for that matter.

Anyone have any ideas at all?

·
Registered
18 Posts
S.S.-

Why not make the classic Axworthy Flying Ghost with one of them>? As far as I'm concerned, they are the perfect motor to use for the ghost:

1.) The already are in a 'vertical attitude'.

2.) Even though they have low starting torque, they run at a slow speed perfect for a ghost. They can be slowed even further with a dimmer switch.

3.) They can be had for practically nothing.

4.) They have good bearings and are meant to run for extended periods.

5.) They are easily mounted to a porch roof. tree, garage, etc.

JMHO

Ron

·
Registered
35 Posts
people have suggested that u put a fan over a flying crank ghost to give it a more realistic efect

might try that

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S.S.-

Why not make the classic Axworthy Flying Ghost with one of them>? As far as I'm concerned, they are the perfect motor to use for the ghost:

1.) The already are in a 'vertical attitude'.

2.) Even though they have low starting torque, they run at a slow speed perfect for a ghost. They can be slowed even further with a dimmer switch.

3.) They can be had for practically nothing.

4.) They have good bearings and are meant to run for extended periods.

5.) They are easily mounted to a porch roof. tree, garage, etc.

JMHO

Ron
Thanks Ron, this is a project I have been meaning to start and now with a motor to play with even more reason to get it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts